Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

There are a few tweaks needed, such as a summary of the league table and a brief intro to each game. But I didn't miss the punditry at all. Lack of commentary would take some getting used to, but I tend not to pay attention to them during highlights anyway.

That involves getting a scab to do it - the last job in broadcasting they would have

And working class people still think the BBC is left wing
‍♂️

Although I'm never truly on the side of the super wealthy left sports presenters either: Linekar, Neville; whilst making good points at times it's easier to have views on immigration when you don't have to worry about limited access to resources and you aren't as vulnerable to rising crime or attacks in your area.

These people speak well in theory but they would shoot down any working class concerns immediately with allegations of being right wing or racist. Which just doesn't work. It's not always about facts it's about propaganda and winning people over. Or it's actually taking people's concerns seriously and looking at what life is like for them, why they might have the views they do or why it's a greater fear when you're poor and don't have the protections of the rich.

There's also an element of self preservation and Nimby but it's often the middle class who are afforded this. Sometines that's racism but sometimes it's genuine caution.

Still, it's good to see the Tories called out for how callous they have been with this stop the boats propaganda.

we will never know the better brave new world has no commentary no analysis and no VAR coverage - but of course the gammon prefer this version of football coverage. I mean if it was that good why is this the only example of its type in the world? Everywhere else has commentary and analysis on all sports
Not quite true. Quite a lot of world feeds do this. For full matches too. I watch them over Sky and BT frequently.

For future reference but the whole format does need a revamp

MOTD has had yearly increases in viewership every year for 13 years.

It doesn’t need another revamp (it went through one when they got rid of Hansen and Lawrensen). It’s incredibly popular.

It might not cater to you, or the kind of person who spends their days discussing football on a football forum, but we’re not the majority.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.