Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Actually you're right I freelanced a few times and no work no pay.

What about Shearer and Wright though they may be directly employed on salaries (not tax dodging).
Shearer works for many channels throughout the week when games are on and for 3pm games, Wright is seen on multiple channels and does Beeb and ITV so I guess both are freelancers too

Reading this thread it's sad that Britain has become such a divided nation. Brexit, Royalty (Harry Meghan Camilla Andy), BBC, immigration (illegal and legal) and now Gary Lineker.

I don't think we are as divided on GL as on the other things. Yougov polling is saying that of people who give a toss, 50% think the BBC were wrong and 27% think they were right. That's a fairly substantive majority supporting Lineker. Perhaps unsurprisingly, core Conservative voters skewed in the other direction but they represent a clear minority view on this matter.

As for the other divisions, how long have we got?!

No he's not.
You're right.

10743462-1.gif

I mean her books are still sold widely, her films are available to buy and have their own Wizarding World channel on Sky. She is regularly on podcasts, tweets regularly and has her books/screenplays still being made into films and series.

Some people have criticised her for her views on women/trans women but she's not been cancelled.

In fact very, very few people ever have been cancelled. Tabloids shriek about people being cancelled and those on the right get all riled up about it but in reality almost no one has been cancelled.

Google is your friend.

Tabloids shriek about people being cancelled and those on the right get all riled up about it but in reality almost no one has been cancelled.

Gary Lineker has. Temporarily at least.

Lineker clearly had the respect of his peers and the Premier League players. He may have learnt from John Motson about playing up the positives, getting across your love for the game and being fair to all teams. Personally, I could take or leave the punditry and I don’t really watch MOTD these days.

It was a waste of time. People who don't watch the punditry and only want the matches should just watch the highlights on YouTube. The only thing different to the sky highlights is that it had no commentary.

Lineker clearly had the respect of his peers and the Premier League players. He may have learnt from John Motson about playing up the positives, getting across your love for the game and being fair to all teams. Personally, I could take or leave the punditry and I don’t really watch MOTD these days.
There was a time when I was a lad when MOTD was the highlight of the weekend, not any more……never watch now

Just seen it. Very funny and feels like they threw their toys out the pram with the presentation of it.

What was the reason for:

- Not playing the theme song?
- Not showing team lineups and formations?
- Not having commentary in the games? (I'm sure they could've used some of the official Premier League commentary used on the international feed if they'd asked nicely)
- Not showing stats such as shots on target, possession, corners etc at the end?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.