Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

A bit weird without the commentary but would have been better if more of each match was shown and better edited.

I certainly didn't miss the pundits though. Perhaps the best way forward is extended highlights with commentary but bin the bland pundit analysis.

What’s your job? Unless it’s posting on bluemoon you’re not following your own advice.

People are not just their day jobs. He *can* say whatever he likes on social media, that’s exactly what social media is for!

The only things barred from social media are attacks on protected characteristics. As of yet, being a govt minister hasn’t been declared one.
Without wanting to derail the thread, that's not true, most conditions of employment, particular for people in senior positions include dismissible offences around bringing the company into disrepute for posts on social media.

This. The language they used early on enabled what they did later on.
This is what many don't realise, the Nazis came to power precisely because of inaction. The German people, at the time, were fatigued and apathetic after WW1 and the Versailles treaty, and Hindenburg was in the throes of senility. From the regimes inception to the unspeakable atrocity that culminated a decade later, their hate was met with no resistance.

Silence, and moreover acceptance, shouldn't be a mandate when it comes to politics.

I agree that freedom of speech should be available to everyone but unfortunately it’s not these days. The problem for Gary is that he has a contract that SHOULD (plenty of examples of the BBC turning a blind eye) exclude him for making comments like that as he works for our state broadcaster and therefore be sensitive to all the political spectrum. In theory if he wants to pass comment he should jump ship and go to Sky or BT where you pays your money and takes your choice.

Unfortunately the whole thing isn’t straightforward and is riddled with hypocrisy both by the BBC and Gary Lineker. Gary didn’t mind crossing the picket line in Qatar did he?
It says in the bbc guidelines that sports and entertainment staff have a wider scope to talk on these things in public

On that basis I'm guessing there were incidents missing from every game.

Just because there's no commentary is no reason to crop out genuine highlights.

Even things like a clock coming up to show the time of the highlight was missing. No excuse for things like this.

I quite enjoyed last night's show in concept. The BBC need to think hard about what actually adds value.

Put it this way, 3 years ago we had commentary with no crowd. Last night we had crowd with no commentary. I know which one I prefer.
Crowd noise with no commentary every time, but if they could amplify the voice of the bloke behind in East Stand shouting "Oh, stop passing backwards" it would be better, though of course that wouldn't be during our highlights.

JK Rowlings work hasnt dried up. Her books are wideley still sold, her films still available with their own channel on sky, her works now being made into a series, a game, a mini theme park in London. She has her podcast too.

But sure she's cancelled. We're not going to agree.

You're right.

We're not.

Without wanting to derail the thread, that's not true, most conditions of employment, particular for people in senior positions include dismissible offences around bringing the company into disrepute for posts on social media.
Which is fine, but that’s not what happened is it? Voicing an opinion isn’t bringing your employer into disrepute.

It was Lineker that brought up the Nazis, and by clear implication the crime they are most associated with, first - blame him. I agree it was a quite contemptible thing for him to do.

You are wrong no matter how many times you say it. But the more times you say it, the more of a tit you look.

And it very much looks like you are using historical tragedies to argue a current political entrenched view, and will reach as low as the bottom of the barrel gets for it.

Civil liberties as in those freedoms that apply to citizens? Covis romanas sum as Kennedy invoked in his famous Berlin speech? I’m very keen on those and don’t consider them a trivial issue. However, I can’t detect any erosion of those in the actions of the Home Secretary. Care to enlighten me?
By implication though, she’s suggesting we pull out of the ECHR, which will certainly affect you. The retained EU bill, quietly passing through the HOC, will move a massive amount of power away from the legislature in Parliament and directly to the executive arm of Government. So much for, taking back control!

There are already laws passed and/or going through the process; on the right to demonstrate, ’illegal gatherings’ the right of an individual to protest, police allowed to arrest you for ‘making too much noise’
Perhaps the most sinister is:
Protest banning orders that can be issued even if you haven’t committed an offence. They can include electronic tagging and prohibit you going to certain places, meeting certain people, and even using the internet.

This can only aim to threaten political movements that certain people disagree with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.