Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

That's fair, but we need to remember that it may be different groups persecuted now, or in future, than it was previously.

While our government speaks strongly against migrants, many of who may look middle-eastern, or Eastern European, there are a lot of people legitimately in this country who share those perceived characteristics.

The language used creates division within our society and isn't just about a handful of people in boats. It dehumanised and changes how we treat each other.
The biggest group of illegal immigrants arriving by boats are Albanians. I doubt you or I could tell them apart from British people by looking at them. A Home Secretary setting out actions to be taken against criminals (illegal migration is a crime after all) does not constitute demonisation of an ethnic group.

People have said that Lineker should have the right to compare the Nazi regime to anything he likes. Ok, that’s a view and I agree he should have that right, just that it is crass and offensive to exercise it. But surely by any standard the Home Secretary should have the right, and indeed the duty, to talk freely and frankly about people committing crimes. That is her job.

“Auschwitz was at the end of a long process. We must remember that it did not start from gas chambers.

This hatred gradually developed from ideas, words, stereotypes & prejudice through legal exclusion, dehumanization & escalating violence.”

This. The language they used early on enabled what they did later on.

A reminder of the Holocaust is not minimising it. It's reminding people what people and Governments are capable of is left unchecked.

And I don't see how mentioning the Holocaust and keeping a spotlight on it, serves to minimise it. Would you rather the Holocaust wasn't mentioned at all?

And on top of that, 'minimising' is such fucking stupid term too.

my post on the Liverpool thread was a meta-satire of the paranoia of supporters. My concern over Linekers comment, not outrage as I’m not suggesting his comments are especially heinous, but they are crass and and offensive, is genuine.
You trivialised that period for a joke? So why are you disgusted with Lineker? Just doesn't add up.

Or is this more the true picture...

Any sources?
Sadly, if I shared that it would put many lives in danger, including yours and mine. However, by coincidence much of the factual info can be found on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia doesn’t have the direct link between Klopp and the drug company, that requires a little filling in between the lines

I hope the BBC take this opportunity to have a look at MOTD, what it's become and what they want it to be.

They need someone fronting it, they need interviews with a player and manager of each team, as for the match commentary and expert comments I don't think I missed anything with them missing.

Missed, the in game commentary but not the stating the obvious, arguing the toss and blowing smoke up teams in red shite that comes between each match. I normally watch MoTD on iPlayer and fast forward the crap between the matches.

On the BBC, ditch the pundits, keep the commentators who aren't ex professionals. I say on the BBC, as the likes of Tyler and Red Clive also need putting out to pasture, or humanely removing but obviously are with other broadcasters.

20 minutes is pathetic, were the matches that bad?
20mins of football just highlights how much actual bollocks is spouted by so called experts on that show
Punditry is money for old rope, telling the viewer what happened after they've just watched it for themselves, it's a piss take and a waste of money, get shut of the lot
Also the pundits are only there to drive the agenda of the day

Clough ie had it right all those years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.