Have a pint for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United pre match thread

I wonder what the 2 starting line ups cost today, if rags is more I'm sure it won't get a mention

Chippy_boy said:
mosssideblue said:
Let's not be mistakem lads. As much as we are nervous following a dip in form, can you honestly believe the scum (Team and Fans) are feeling confident. Absolutely not. They have showed no form at all this season and have manage to scrape the odd point here and there.

They will be bricking it more that us and they dererve to be.

It's only the press who are trying to rekindle a rivalry that no longer exists, and many from both sets of fans have been drawn in.

Be Blue, Stay True, we will prosper

Can we win? Yes of course.

Should we win? Yes of course.

Can we lose? Yes we can.

It's all well and good being confident, but expecting a win and always expecting it, might in part explain some of our shit performances and disappointing results. We need to be absolutely up for this and I expect we will. But even so, winning is not guaranteed.

There's loads of our players who just haven't clicked into gear yet and apart from perhaps the Liverpool or Villa games, we've been pretty uninspiring. Personally, I think we are playing so badly, I give us about a 50-50 chance. I really won't be surprised by pretty much any result today.

I'd go 60% City win, 30% United win, 10% draw.

I think the players will be up for it, if anything the risk is that we're too gung ho early on. The key for me is that we don't let them get an early goal as they did in the FA Cup tie in 2012 and again two years ago. They have players that can score if were sloppy at the back or get caught on the break. But if we control the game their defense isnt good enough to cope with our attack.

Bit worried about today with our recent form, just hoping we turn up for this one today. Tough one to call, think we will win though.

Who's getting sent off today? Rooney or Vince?

There'so going to be a right old battle today and I just have a feeling someone's going to get sent off.

I don't know what the formation will be, but I expect Vinnie to have them wound up, and for us to fly out of the traps like we did against Chelsea. Hoping Rooney plays so that Vinnie can 'own' him again.
Been thinking all week that we should play 1 up front, but, I have a feeling that Pellers will stick to what he likes best - 2 up front against this lot, and go for it. Have to tighten up on the counter attack from them, but, I think he'll probably persevere with Dzeko and Aguero up front together. Dzeko's been poor, but Jovetic hasn't shown that he's capable of much better.
Whatever Pellers goes with is fine by me. No Silva, but we didn't have him last season either and stuffed 'em 4-1. I hope Milner and Nasri start. Any win gets us back on track.
As my old dad used to say, 'When the chips are down, City are always there.'
It's that time again - come on City!

Hoping we revert away from 4-4-2 otherwise I think were in for a long and potentially painful afternoon

Hart
Zabba. Kompany. MDM. Kolarov

Fenandinho. Fernando

Milner. Yaya. Nasri

Aguero

Bench
Caballero
Mangala
Clichy
Jovetic
Navas
Dzeko
Sagna

I'm expecting us to get our act into gear today arguably the best kind of game to have when your looking to come out of a poor run . 4-1 City. Aguero 2 Yaya and Jovetic. Van Persie for them. Rafael sent off second half. Crowd 45,672
Weather overcast but dry.
Think that just about covers it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.