Hazard Joining Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
zola said:
A few level headed posts on here but a lot of you are sounding more and more like bitter scousers and gooners.

You can't get every player you want and to be honest can't quite work out why you were after him in the first place as you already spent fortunes landing the likes of Silva and Nasri.

The whole saga was drawn out but came to head when we won the champions league as all of a sudden we were European champions and could offer champions league football next season, hence the back tracking on "joining a manchester club"

Chelsea's goalkeeper and defence is as good as any in the premier, defensive midfield also second to none. Chelsea currently lack a couple of creative players to supplement Mata and to feed Torres, once or if that is in place we will challenge again...if you don't think so just wait and see.

From Hazards perspective the deal was done with all three clubs, so it's not about money, it was about playing time,champions league and location. Chelsea were crying out for a player of his type far more than City hence more likely playing time, and having been to Manchester plenty of times I like it, but it's not London and if you ask most foreigners London is viewed favourably above anywhere in England. Then you can throw into the mix that Joe Cole has probably spoken highly of Chelsea and the lad's decision was made.

I don't think this is a great loss to City as they have strength in his position and as I said earlier couldn't work out why they were chasing. They should be putting together a mega offer to land Van Persie now that would be a statement of intent.
I'd agree in the main with this. Good luck to the lad, but given the way it has all been played out, you probably wouldn't be surprised if he was at the root of any future dressing room unrest. Be interesting how he gets on with personalities/egos like Terry - hope Eden's missus stays in France for her own sake ;-)

The other negatives I'd add are that whilst Chelsea won the Champs League (congrats again; so chuffed for you's and so glad you put one up those arrogant cunts from Bayern), the team finished 6th this season. Clearly a major rebuild needed and probably a new manager - if not now, then certainly not too far into the season if results don't go according to plan should you keep Di Mateo. As has been pointed out elsewhere, given Roman's penchant for interfering and such, I believe the lad has taken a big gamble, in spite of all the selling points in your post.

Lots of ifs and buts, I know; I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

EDIT:

Forgot to add - can we have Torres off you on the cheap?!

samharris said:
zola said:
A few level headed posts on here but a lot of you are sounding more and more like bitter scousers and gooners.

You can't get every player you want and to be honest can't quite work out why you were after him in the first place as you already spent fortunes landing the likes of Silva and Nasri.

The whole saga was drawn out but came to head when we won the champions league as all of a sudden we were European champions and could offer champions league football next season, hence the back tracking on "joining a manchester club"

Chelsea's goalkeeper and defence is as good as any in the premier, defensive midfield also second to none. Chelsea currently lack a couple of creative players to supplement Mata and to feed Torres, once or if that is in place we will challenge again...if you don't think so just wait and see.

From Hazards perspective the deal was done with all three clubs, so it's not about money, it was about playing time,champions league and location. Chelsea were crying out for a player of his type far more than City hence more likely playing time, and having been to Manchester plenty of times I like it, but it's not London and if you ask most foreigners London is viewed favourably above anywhere in England. Then you can throw into the mix that Joe Cole has probably spoken highly of Chelsea and the lad's decision was made.

I don't think this is a great loss to City as they have strength in his position and as I said earlier couldn't work out why they were chasing. They should be putting together a mega offer to land Van Persie now that would be a statement of intent.

So who agreed the 'playing time' ??

To be a fair I suspect nobody has agreed playing time but it's a no brainer that he will walk into the team ahead oF malouda or kalou.....faark me i sometimes wonder if i could get in ahead of that pair.

zola said:

can see why he's made the decision on footballing and location decision.
my one qualm is your comment about your defence tbh. imo its a fair way off the defences of city/united. you conceded the same amount of goals as sunderland in the league, more than spurs and nearly 20 more than us. it's alright being defensively sound when you've got 10 men defending an onslaught as the sheer amount of bodies ( and a bit of luck) does the trick, but it's a completely different kettle of fish when you're being broke at on the counter. out of Kompany/Lecott, Vidic/Ferdinand and Terry/cahill (or luiz) your lot would come last every time for me.

congratulations on the champions league win and on signing hazard, he really is a great talent.

Good luck to the lad, wish fellow bluemooners would stop being so bitter about it

I do think it's a strange decision considering his own stipulations:

"I want to play the number 10 role behind the striker." Chelsea have Mata

"I want to be guarenteed playing time." Chelsea have no manager.

I also think this entire transfer has been a bit under hand; since when has a player been able to announce 'his' new team on twitter? I couldn't see us or Utd allowing that, given Abramovich's need to interfere, i can see him agreeing to something like that... as long as he got his man.

It'll be a big season for Chelsea next year, Abramovich has shown he'll back the old guard over a major investment in his manager, therefore the players can and perhaps will look to rule the dressing room reglardless of who the manager is.

I've no idea how Cheslea will fit Mata and Hazard into the same team, but it will be an interesting team to watch next year.

I just think they've got so many internal obstacles to try and overcome before they even think about playing a competitive game. They should ahve backed AVB as he seemed to be rebuilding for the long term, as it stands i think they're a ticking time bomb in the current circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.