Hazard's alternative

greasedupdeafguy said:
SamTheGuru said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
We need a a wide player with pace who can take people on

We really don't. It goes against our complete style of play. If this was the case, we would have kept SWP. But Mancini tried to turn him into a left winger that cut inside. That says it all really.
So why were we trying to get hazzard, the only thing we're really missing at the moment is a world class wide player.

Hazard plays in the same roll as Nasri and Silva, he's not really a wide player.

SamTheGuru said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bobby_Mooncini said:
If Tevez is staying do we need another player to fit into the front 4 attacking positions? I'd love Javi Martinez if scarface does stick around..

We really don't. It goes against our complete style of play. If this was the case, we would have kept SWP. But Mancini tried to turn him into a left winger that cut inside. That says it all really.

Thing is...Hazard is nothing like swp. He isn't a pure winger, he is one of the best dribblers in europes top leagues. But plays alot centrally. I saw his stats his dribbling stats are much higher than any of our players.
This is why i think we were in for Hazard. He would give us an option both from central aswell as wide.

I don't think Mancini is looking for a pacy winger who runs down the flank with his pace and crosses. Which is why i don't see us going for someone like Bale.

We'll need a skillfull dribbler because Silva and Nasri aren't, they are playmakers.

BlueCityfan said:
SamTheGuru said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Think is...Hazard is nothing like swp. He isn't a pure winger, he is one of the best dribblers in europes top leagues. But plays alot centrally aswell.

This is why i think we were in for Hazard. He would give us an option both from central aswell as wide.

I don't think Mancini is looking for a pacy winger who runs down the flank with his pace and crosses. Which is why i don't see us going for someone like Bale.

We'll need a skillfull dribbler because Silva and Nasri aren't, they are playmakers.

Hazard is extremely similar to Silva and Nasri.

SamTheGuru said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
SamTheGuru said:
So why were we trying to get hazzard, the only thing we're really missing at the moment is a world class wide player.

First of all, he is not an out and out winger that seems to be the misconception on this board. And secondly, did he not consistantly say he wanted to play the number 10 role as that is what he thinks he plays best in and is his favoured role?

Considering we have 2-3 number 10s on the pitch at any one time that rotate through out the game I would say he would be quite suited to slot straight in.
He would give us pace and width when we need it as someone said previously we lack a plan B, personally I favour bale over hazzard as he would give us something different and allow us to mix our formation up a bit. I also really don't see the point in dzeko if we're not going to bring a wide player in.

We could do the unthinkable and promote Denis Suarez early, he was man of the match for Spain U19 today against Belgium U19 playing as a left winger (instead of his usual attacking midfield role). He might not "be ready" but sometimes giving the kids a chance is the best way for them to develop.

SamTheGuru said:
BlueCityfan said:
SamTheGuru said:

Think is...Hazard is nothing like swp. He isn't a pure winger, he is one of the best dribblers in europes top leagues. But plays alot centrally aswell.

We'll need a skillfull dribbler because Silva and Nasri aren't

Are you mad?

Stoned Rose said:
SamTheGuru said:
BlueCityfan said:

We'll need a skillfull dribbler because Silva and Nasri aren't

Are you mad?

I didn't mean to imply that on my post by the way. Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.