Headed to Scotland

Embarrassed to say I've never been near 99% of the places named on this thread and haven't heard of quite a good few of them. Off to aviemore at the end of the month for a sex pond break, looking forward to seeing that neck of the world.

Pitlochry/killiecrankie is a lovely area near Loch Tay.

I know the Jocks have some very strange habits indeed but perhaps you would care to explain?

Sorry, it's a lodge with a hot tub, I thought that's what we called them on here?

Ah I see.

So just to be clear you are going to travel half way across the country so you can have a shag in a hot tub? Are you taking someone along? or do you get someone thrown (so to speak) in when you book the cabin with a hot tub? If so PM please!

Ah I see.

So just to be clear you are going to travel half way across the country so you can have a shag in a hot tub? Are you taking someone along? or do you get someone thrown (so to speak) in when you book the cabin with a hot tub? If so PM please!

I might take some cans with me, and the Mrs

There’s a place called the Bridge of Allen, beautiful and some amazing local pubs. It’s minutes away from Sterling where you can do a lovely walk up a hill to see the Wallace Monument. Also the beautiful Sterling Castle is a great tour.
I'm surprised the meedja aren't all over this. Raz bought a castle?
He'll be having breakfast next

We stayed in Skye last year and stopped on the way to take in the views at Glencoe - incredible

We went on a small fishing boat to the Cuillin Mountains in Skye - no place on Earth like it.

Deirdre-Sligachan-Hotel-exterior-2.jpg

The Isle of Skye is indeed magnificent. I went three years ago just after we trashed Liverpool at home 5-0, stopping overnight at Fort William on the way. The Misty Isle Gin website, (that’s distilled in Portree), is very good for showing places of interest to visit on Skye itself.
As a place to stay, I’d highly recommend the Sligachan Hotel, (above), which sits in the shadow of the Cuillins. I found out about the hotel, because I heard guidebook writer Alfred Wainwright would stay there years ago. I just about managed to stream a City UCL game in the lounge bar, but it’s also got a large pub too, separate to the hotel. They also own a camp site opposite.
I wish I’d done what you did Tolm, and looked at the Cuillin’s from the sea, as the mountain slopes literally drop right down into it. I will next time though.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.