Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

Most posts on this subject quite rightly sympathise with the victims and their families.

A few, including some by a posters with a number of posts, disappoint me.

I went to plenty of games in the 80's, I was pissed at many of them, I arrived at the ground late at many of them, I wanted to get in to see kick off at all of them and may have been part of a crowd trying to get in as quick as possible.

If this had happened to us, then I would not want to be being blamed for the deaths of 96 people because I like a drink and to get in to the ground at the last minute.

Two of my friends were at hillsborough. They were 19 years old. I had known one of them from the age of 10. There were no mobile phones in those days and as they didn't know the full extent of the news, they didn't think it was a big deal to phone home as most 19 year olds wouldn't. They got home that night at 11pm. For those 6 hours, their parents and friends including me didn't know if they were dead or alive.

I am pleased for the families and found some of the revelations today shocking.

The south Yorkshire police involved in this cover up, The coroner, Thatcher and her government, subsequent governments and many others involved in this scandalous cover up should hang their heads in shame!

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
Really?
He was the Editor wasn't he?
Bit like Kelvin MacKenzie at The Sun then.
My last reply to you as we are getting told off, I think there is a world of difference between an editorial opinion piece and a headline such as the one which carried greavous lies as opposed to ignorant but unfortuantely commonly held misconceptions that were spread by the police.

You may disagree but that's life.

@TCM, can fella and have done. :-)

Perhaps Boris shouldn't have spread himself so thinly then, if your opinion is to be given credence that is.

I still think his comments were those of a complete and utter git and showed his complete arrogance and ignorance.
By his you mean Simon Heffer who wrote the article I presume.

SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
My last reply to you as we are getting told off, I think there is a world of difference between an editorial opinion piece and a headline such as the one which carried greavous lies as opposed to ignorant but unfortuantely commonly held misconceptions that were spread by the police.

You may disagree but that's life.

@TCM, can fella and have done. :-)

Perhaps Boris shouldn't have spread himself so thinly then, if your opinion is to be given credence that is.

I still think his comments were those of a complete and utter git and showed his complete arrogance and ignorance.
By his you mean Simon Heffer who wrote the article I presume.

I mean whoever contributed to it; whether that be the source, the journalist, the advisers, whoever.

And even the Editor.

If you want to be seen as the Editor of any article that appears in a publication that has your name attached to it then you are responsible for its contents.

Not sure why you aren't getting this.

654931552.jpg

You know this lot are going to jump on the bandwaggon and be in the vanguard for all the appeals and support campaigns.

This as has been said many times today is TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

As City fans and as a club we should 100% boycot the sun from our club!!

Lets get a campaign going for every football club to do the same/ Football is their bread and butter. If we could co-ordinate this at every club this rag would be out of business in a week. The paper needs football and fans that buy the rag more than they need it. They would be out of business in a week, that would be a real victory and part justice for the 96.

Hamann Pineapple said:

i watched the documentary lat night and have followed the events of today closely. i am being honest when i say i find the continuing greiving from the Liverpool fansa little uncomfortable. it has allways been my opinion that it was a combination of factors which caused the tragic events of that day. These factors have included-

the poor condition of the stadium relative to today and in particular the way in which football fans were treated in that era

the design of that stand and its access has allways seemed poor

in this day and age the thought of being locked in a pen seems incredible but it was very much the norm back then

i worked at maine road on turnstiles for over 5 years and without doubt the game where we had to beat Liverpool to stay up left me with a few issues which i remember to this day. i was working on the Liverpool end that day and i can honestly say that hundreads of Liverpool fans jumped or doubled up in my turnstile to get in the North Stand that day. if memory serves me correctly this was a few years after the Hillsborough disaster. i had never experienced anything like this to the extent with other away fans

i have a belief that nothing in life is ever 100% someoens fault, it is generally somewhere in the middle and having watched some videos of the outside of the leppings lane endlast night i would suggest that "some" Liverpool fans would have been ticketless and seeking to cause confusion to try and gain entry - this would have been a contributary factor amongst many others as to why the gate was opened which contributed to the tradgedy.

As a conclusion it is tragic that 96 people died that day and i am sure the police and stadium design etc was a major contributory factor but can anyone honestly say that they dont think there is some truth in what many others have thought for the past 23 years. I am sorry if this offends but i will allways believe that the behavour of some Liverpool fans was a contributory factor. Whether that factor was 1%, 10%, 50% - who knows and one thing is for certain it will not bring back the dead. i also found it very unusual that the independent enquiry was led by the Bishop of Liverpool.

Hysel also is in the back of my mind when i witness the continuing vigils held on Liverpool. I am sure i will get grief for this thread and maybe my opinion is wrong but i am just saying what i honestly feel. i honestly think this justice campaign will only stop when financial compensation is paid and will go on for many years yet.

moomba said:
City Raider said:
christ, some shite on here i've had to plough through

i've been pissed at a match plenty of times and i've tried to get in without a ticket plenty of times - apparently i deserve to die for these 'sins'

Has anyone actually said that anyone deserved to die?

saying that they paid the price that day for previous behaviour adds up to the same in my book

Truly shocking & all the authorities involved should hold their heads in shame.

I tell you who else should though too... the wankers involved in football violence in the 70's & 80's. If it weren't for these fuckers football fans would never have been caged in like animals.

City Raider said:
moomba said:
City Raider said:
christ, some shite on here i've had to plough through

i've been pissed at a match plenty of times and i've tried to get in without a ticket plenty of times - apparently i deserve to die for these 'sins'

Has anyone actually said that anyone deserved to die?

saying that they paid the price that day for previous behaviour adds up to the same in my book

I agree. Really embarrassing to see some City fans on here talking like the fans were still partially to blame at all given the findings in the report. Really upsetting to see that the Police Officers there knew this for 23 years and let this go on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.