Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

Read the lot & for this to come out 23 years after the event is shocking.
The bottom line is the game should NEVER have taken place,the HSE report makes some reading,it's no wonder it didn't have a Safety Certificate that ground would never have passed the test to get it if applied for.

worsleyweb said:
i watched the documentary lat night and have followed the events of today closely. i am being honest when i say i find the continuing greiving from the Liverpool fansa little uncomfortable. it has allways been my opinion that it was a combination of factors which caused the tragic events of that day. These factors have included-

the poor condition of the stadium relative to today and in particular the way in which football fans were treated in that era

the design of that stand and its access has allways seemed poor

in this day and age the thought of being locked in a pen seems incredible but it was very much the norm back then

i worked at maine road on turnstiles for over 5 years and without doubt the game where we had to beat Liverpool to stay up left me with a few issues which i remember to this day. i was working on the Liverpool end that day and i can honestly say that hundreads of Liverpool fans jumped or doubled up in my turnstile to get in the North Stand that day. if memory serves me correctly this was a few years after the Hillsborough disaster. i had never experienced anything like this to the extent with other away fans

i have a belief that nothing in life is ever 100% someoens fault, it is generally somewhere in the middle and having watched some videos of the outside of the leppings lane endlast night i would suggest that "some" Liverpool fans would have been ticketless and seeking to cause confusion to try and gain entry - this would have been a contributary factor amongst many others as to why the gate was opened which contributed to the tradgedy.

As a conclusion it is tragic that 96 people died that day and i am sure the police and stadium design etc was a major contributory factor but can anyone honestly say that they dont think there is some truth in what many others have thought for the past 23 years. I am sorry if this offends but i will allways believe that the behavour of some Liverpool fans was a contributory factor. Whether that factor was 1%, 10%, 50% - who knows and one thing is for certain it will not bring back the dead. i also found it very unusual that the independent enquiry was led by the Bishop of Liverpool.

Hysel also is in the back of my mind when i witness the continuing vigils held on Liverpool. I am sure i will get grief for this thread and maybe my opinion is wrong but i am just saying what i honestly feel. i honestly think this justice campaign will only stop when financial compensation is paid and will go on for many years yet.

You clearly haven't..

worsleyweb said:
i have and i am allowed an opinion.
Your "opinion" is at odds with the huge amount of work that has gone into uncovering the truth.

It's like having an opinion that the Holocaust never happened; you're allowed to have it (apart from countries where it's a crime) but it's both incorrect and offensive.

blumoonrisen said:
worsleyweb said:
i watched the documentary lat night and have followed the events of today closely. i am being honest when i say i find the continuing greiving from the Liverpool fansa little uncomfortable. it has allways been my opinion that it was a combination of factors which caused the tragic events of that day. These factors have included-

the poor condition of the stadium relative to today and in particular the way in which football fans were treated in that era

the design of that stand and its access has allways seemed poor

in this day and age the thought of being locked in a pen seems incredible but it was very much the norm back then

i worked at maine road on turnstiles for over 5 years and without doubt the game where we had to beat Liverpool to stay up left me with a few issues which i remember to this day. i was working on the Liverpool end that day and i can honestly say that hundreads of Liverpool fans jumped or doubled up in my turnstile to get in the North Stand that day. if memory serves me correctly this was a few years after the Hillsborough disaster. i had never experienced anything like this to the extent with other away fans

i have a belief that nothing in life is ever 100% someoens fault, it is generally somewhere in the middle and having watched some videos of the outside of the leppings lane endlast night i would suggest that "some" Liverpool fans would have been ticketless and seeking to cause confusion to try and gain entry - this would have been a contributary factor amongst many others as to why the gate was opened which contributed to the tradgedy.

As a conclusion it is tragic that 96 people died that day and i am sure the police and stadium design etc was a major contributory factor but can anyone honestly say that they dont think there is some truth in what many others have thought for the past 23 years. I am sorry if this offends but i will allways believe that the behavour of some Liverpool fans was a contributory factor. Whether that factor was 1%, 10%, 50% - who knows and one thing is for certain it will not bring back the dead. i also found it very unusual that the independent enquiry was led by the Bishop of Liverpool.

Hysel also is in the back of my mind when i witness the continuing vigils held on Liverpool. I am sure i will get grief for this thread and maybe my opinion is wrong but i am just saying what i honestly feel. i honestly think this justice campaign will only stop when financial compensation is paid and will go on for many years yet.

of all the things i could argue about i'll pick just one -please tell me you're not insinuating the fight for justice is really a fight for compo

I remember watching the events on live TV. It was the same day we were thumped 4-0 at Blackburn but that was of little consequence. A terrible day. I only realised today as the names were read out in Liverpool, the number of children and young teenagers who perished - made worse by today's suggestion that some 40-odd victims may have been saved. Really very upsetting. Regardless of who did what the fact is that the authorities, the upholders of the Law and those paid to serve and protect us, failed miserably and then shamefully set about blaming the victims - alcohol tests were taken from the bodies of dead children in a vain and profoundly disgusting attempt to 'prove' their culpability!

I note some of the comments posted casting a proportion of blame on the Liverpool fans and I do accept that some may well have been drunk or behaved in a less-then-satisfactory manner; show me 20000 of any group of people and I will show you drunks and reprobates. But those people did not deserve to die. Their families did not deserve to be left with a sense of deep injustice added to terrible grief.

I for one am very glad that some manner of 'truth' such as it is has been exposed and put in front of the nation. As for 'justice'? There is a massive argument for some form of prosecution of Police offices who clearly perverted the course of justice. Lets wait and see.

RIP the 96.

sir baconface said:
Blootoof said:
Pigeonho said:
Twats are twats, no matter who they support.

Yet to meet a united fan that isn't a twat, and I've met a lot.

If you are born a raging twat, the chances are you'll become a united fan.

Useful contribution, blootoof.

My Dad was a red and even he was a twat.

Anyway, goin off topic, soz.

This is taken from a Sheffield Wednesday forum - i was there that fateful day, i was stewarding in the upper west stand (Leppings Lane). We could look down and see what was happening, a mass throng of Liverpool fans all came down the road at once, they were late, many of them were very drunk, but they couldn’t wait to get in, they were abusive, like a pack of mad dogs. The ones who were already there, waiting patiently at the turnstile…the ones who had took notice of the ticket and got into the ground early, they were all innocent football fans, many of whom died in tragic circumstances. God bless them all. You can read all the reports, findings you want, I WAS THERE! Blame can be apportioned to many things, and i agree that many things could have been done better re: SWFC, Policing, but if those drunken, wild, abusive ‘so-called’ fans had arrived at the time they should have, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. R.I.P the 96.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.