Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

BlueT said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I've moved the latest posts on this thread as I think they're better off out of sight. I'd be ashamed if some Liverpool fans saw them to be honest.

We can't stop people having their own opinions but I will deal with trolls who are being provocative or offensive for the sake of it.

Edit: Sorry I cocked up and moved it to the wrong forum initially. For what it's worth I don't think simpliCITY is being malicious or trolling but he has posted something very insensitive that could cast us in a very bad light.

I don't think Liverpool fans viewing this thread will be fooled by rag trolls.

Most threads get skimmed over by whoever's viewin til it gets to the Barney's(arguing). Then people take notice of said negative thread posts and post links to other forums as exclusive gospel. Then it spreads like wild fire by tweetin chunts

Anyway. What a chunt

A2n5n9PCYAAXiax.jpg:large

worsleyweb said:
i also found it very unusual that the independent enquiry was led by the Bishop of Liverpool.

As opposed to being chaired by Kelvin McKenzie or ACPO?

Worsleyweb did you not also find it strange that south yorkshire police were investigated by west midlands police , two of the most corrupt forces at the time. Surely after the factual evidence from yesterday you believe the truth has come out finally ?

Prestwich_Blue said:
I've moved the latest posts on this thread as I think they're better off out of sight. I'd be ashamed if some Liverpool fans saw them to be honest.

We can't stop people having their own opinions but I will deal with trolls who are being provocative or offensive for the sake of it.

Edit: Sorry I cocked up and moved it to the wrong forum initially. For what it's worth I don't think simpliCITY is being malicious or trolling but he has posted something very insensitive that could cast us in a very bad light.

When you say "moved" do you mean deleted, PB? As far as you can see are the offenders genuine contributors on here or individuals using Blue Moon as cover?

Cheesy said:
Truly shocking & all the authorities involved should hold their heads in shame.

I tell you who else should though too... the wankers involved in football violence in the 70's & 80's. If it weren't for these fuckers football fans would never have been caged in like animals.

Well said..We have a 90 plus page thread on here about citys firm.

BigJoe#1 said:
You know this lot are going to jump on the bandwaggon and be in the vanguard for all the appeals and support campaigns.

This as has been said many times today is TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

As City fans and as a club we should 100% boycot the sun from our club!!

Lets get a campaign going for every football club to do the same/ Football is their bread and butter. If we could co-ordinate this at every club this rag would be out of business in a week. The paper needs football and fans that buy the rag more than they need it. They would be out of business in a week, that would be a real victory and part justice for the 96.

The Manc & Merseyside clubs organised one together in 1989 - leaflets handed out etc. and sales of the Sun dropped significantly, mostly in Liverpool of course, but also in Manchester. Since 1989 I have never bought the Sun, nor will I ever buy it, but I guess as time's moved on people have grown up without knowing what the paper did back then.

I'm all for freedom of speech and so on, but Murdoch should do to the Sun what he did to the NOTW. Unbelievable that he launched the Sun on Sunday as a hallmark of good journalism when he'd pulled the plug on the NOTW.

As individuals we have a right to choose, but hopefully there are enough people out there to realise that the Sun & NOTW style of reporting should not be encouraged. We need 'The Truth' not cover-ups and lies.

I apologised on this thread last night about my ignorance and opinion for a long time that it was the Liverpool fans fault. I have been proven wrong and I feel ashamed that many of those fans died because of a monumental cock up by police etc. A rag text me last night and to quote...

"I see it's mourning day in Liverpool again-What about justice for the Juventus fans?".

I was shocked as I have known this guy for a long time and for a rag has always been not to bad. I told him that his opinion has been formed by the media/reports etc and his fellow rags. Hillsborough has nothing to do with heysel so just leave it alone. I asked him how he would feel if his 10yr old son had gone off happily to watch his team,only to be brought home in a coffin.

The silence was deafening.

A lot of the facts on hillsborough had been in the public domain through books on the subject and reports and documents on it. Enquirys, governments, and the public as a whole chose to ignore it. That's why the families continued to fight so hard despite knockback after knockback. What they did not know was the depth of it. West midlands and south yorkshire police should hang their heads in shame. No doubt officers will retire early and escape justice again. Yesterday was a victory for the families who fought so hard and with great dignity.

Gary James said:
BigJoe#1 said:
You know this lot are going to jump on the bandwaggon and be in the vanguard for all the appeals and support campaigns.

This as has been said many times today is TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

As City fans and as a club we should 100% boycot the sun from our club!!

Lets get a campaign going for every football club to do the same/ Football is their bread and butter. If we could co-ordinate this at every club this rag would be out of business in a week. The paper needs football and fans that buy the rag more than they need it. They would be out of business in a week, that would be a real victory and part justice for the 96.

The Manc & Merseyside clubs organised one together in 1989 - leaflets handed out etc. and sales of the Sun dropped significantly, mostly in Liverpool of course, but also in Manchester. Since 1989 I have never bought the Sun, nor will I ever buy it, but I guess as time's moved on people have grown up without knowing what the paper did back then.

I'm all for freedom of speech and so on, but Murdoch should do to the Sun what he did to the NOTW. Unbelievable that he launched the Sun on Sunday as a hallmark of good journalism when he'd pulled the plug on the NOTW.

As individuals we have a right to choose, but hopefully there are enough people out there to realise that the Sun & NOTW style of reporting should not be encouraged. We need 'The Truth' not cover-ups and lies.

I didn't know what the Sun had done until I was about 20. It sounds like it was a Mackenzie crusade rather than the paper itself though. I know they made lies up but did they also report taking the police words as truth? I stopped buying it back in January anyway as the Beano is a more factual read these days

I meant to add to my earlier post that in the late 80s the tragedy at Bradford & what we now know was a cover-up at Hillsborough led to fans from all clubs uniting to fight the authorities over the way we were treated.

Groups like the Football Supporters Assoc were set up. Fanzines arrived to voice our views - never forget how important Blueprint, Electric Blue, King of the Kippax and others were in the climate of the day (they really did give us a voice when no one else seemed to care).

Basically, it didn't matter whether you were red, blue, black, white... we knew we were being badly treated. When a fire happened at a cinema the first response was usually that something had gone wrong with the management of the place - when a fire happened at a football ground some initially suggested it was flares deliberately brought in by rival fans that started it (honestly - fortunately that one was soon proved to be inaccurate but that really was the first story of Bradford).

Whatever went wrong it was football fans to blame. But those of us that went to games knew the truth and there were many people who worked hard to change perceptions. Without the fanzines, the FSA and the campaigning groups we'd probably all still be treated like uncontrollable animals every game.

The football authorities tried to solve the game's ills by building bigger fences, threatening fans and generally not giving us facilities that our admission fee more than covered. This happened at all clubs including City - I'll never forget the cover of the City-Coventry game (Dec 1985 - only months after the Bradford fire) in which City (via Bernard Halford as secretary) threatened on raising the height of the Maine Rd fencing to an astounding 4.4m (14ft)! It was already at 2.4m.

Football hooliganism was an issue - none of us can ever deny that - but the action that prompted City to print the cover of the match prog in red & white and issue their threat (under the headline "A Major Concern") was actually a celebratory pitch invasion (FMC game).

The threat following the City fans celebration included in block capitals: "If this type of antic does not stop then the situation for everyone who watches football at City will get far worse".

This may seem irrelevant, but it typified the attitude that we were all animals. The pitch invasion after QPR this year was much larger, much more of an issue - can you imagine how we'd have felt if the first City prog after it threatened us like the one from Dec 1985?

Thankfully the truth is out there - the fans did not cause Hillsborough. All of those who knew the truth yet perpetuated the myth should explain their actions. The football authorities should also shoulder some of the blame - Hillsborough we are told was unsuitable and was not fit to stage that game and yet it truly was viewed as one of the game's best stadia.

How had football allowed clubs to ignore supporter needs for so long? - this wasn't the 1920s or 30s this was the late 80s. Only 3 years before the PL was created (actually clubs were already looking at creating a Super League to generate more money by the time of Hillsborough).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.