Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

I'm not fishing. every City fan in the world probably shouted pen, but I doubt any were really convinced until they watched it back. Ref has to be sure.

You'd have to be simple to not know that was a penalty straight away. Or corrupt. Take your pick

Rarely post... especially on match day when things aren’t going well... but really what was that ref all about?

Stone wall penalty aside his constant deliberate interferance to disrupt any flow to our play was like a cloak of dishonesty throughout the match. It’s almost like we were ordered to play at his pace when we were in the ascendancy but when they had their rare moments on the break, decisions and urgency were instantly applied to help them on their way.

We should write a calm and documented response on his performance to UEFA on why we don’t want him near the field officiating our games to apply some pressure.

Thank God for Spanish Dave...

Should post more, Indeed, you could probably just copy this and paste it again after the next game. :-)

To be honest it’s probably a blessing in disguise. I don’t think he’s half as bad as made out by some but he doesn’t always ‘fit’.
He is still a gifted footballer, no reasonable person can question that, but his injuries have caught up to him, meaning he cannot perform at the level now required at City.

If he came to us in 2008, he would likely be a legend now, but proper context is everything, and it does not bode well for him now, unfortunately.

Definite pen not given but a good win in the end, dodgy as fcuk defensively at times

No way this is a coincidence tonight. No fucking way. It's a clear message, a message they've been delivering repeatedly...

A fucking disgrace of an official. And my warm congratulations to the boys. How are they supposed to maintain their calmness under these circumstances? City's game was clearly influenced by that asshole. Nevertheless, a fully deserved win, the team worked hard to achieve it...

PS. How can City ever replace that man? Lost for words for David. Anything I say will be poor, won't do him justice. I just hope I'll get the opportunity to meet him one day and shake his hand. That's all. It has been a privilege watching his game all these years. A fantastic player and a gentleman...

This is the whiphand that Uefa know they have. Make a genuine criticism of a dreadful decision on the pitch and they have no hesitation in whipping out a card, make an objection from the technical area and yer sent to the stands, and then there is the blatant foray into our coffers for another eye-watering fine for fuck all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.