Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

We won. Much needed. The group looks much better now an we have kev to return for the remaining games.

Definite pen not given but a good win in the end, dodgy as fcuk defensively at times
For all of my and everyone’s rightful moaning about the ref, this is still true, as well.

Some of the defending, especially on their first minute goal, and their first minutes of the second half chance, was woeful.

I will chalk that up to a bit of a makeshift back four—not that it makes me feel better given Delph and Mendy are injured, of course.

Last edited:
Maybe but for the pen shout, Sane got there a split second before the keeper. He nicked it. It's only obvious in free-frame

No it's not. Every other team in the competition would be given that without a second thought. It wouldn't even be up for discussion... you'll most likely see a similar decision this week, which will be given straight away....

ok so we scraped a win but......

this can not continue. I am at home watching on tv, I can no longer attend euro aways at the rate I did but right now there are fans over there that have been cheated out of their money, or could have been. i have been there at games and saw us fucked over by uefa, it simply can not go on. I am scratching my head as to where the hatred has come from. is it because they know our money can hurt their cash cow (the rags). tv revenue must have been on the wain otherwise why change the rules of the Thursday cup then manufacture the rags to win it to qualify from 7th in the prem. is money that important to them that every ounce of their integrity goes right out of the window. is it maybe racial? we are owned by Arabs, do they have a problem with that? is it that we can take almost any player from almost any club, hence weakening one of their pet clubs?. whatever it is we have enormous power in the game now and we should be using that to get to the bottom of this. for me the damage was done a long ago and so I couldn't give a rats arse if we win it or not but at least be honest to our fans and players. stop wasting their time and stop wasting peoples money, you know, money, that all important commodity you cherish so much.

Tear in my eye watching Zaba give his post match analysis on BT Sport & his constant use of the word 'we' when describing City.

Also watched Pep's interview & you could tell he was seething with the ref but thankfully didn't comment in case of another ban. BUT he did keep on referring to how pleased with City's performance 'against everything' a few times.

Keep on with the booing lads-think Pep is starting to get it too!

This is the whiphand that Uefa know they have. Make a genuine criticism of a dreadful decision on the pitch and they have no hesitation in whipping out a card, make an objection from the technical area and yer sent to the stands, and then there is the blatant foray into our coffers for another eye-watering fine for fuck all!
Not to mention, as @Nelinho intimates, the way it disrupts our players performances, which is another feather in their corrupt, smug caps.

best win in a long time

when you have to work so hard to beat 16 men and uefa officials we must be fucking so good ?? never before in 20 years watching european football have you seen a one sided game by the officials ?? so hell bent on trying to stop manchester city that the ref even had to check to give silva the goal and only when it was plain the defender makes the mistake and could not give a foul then he had not choice other than goal

Yeah I kind of agree. Feels good to get a last min goal when it seems to be against you.

Ref was very poor. Most decisions went their way. I would say however if VAR was is use Walker could well have seen red prior to the penalty incident.

Yep and you know who will be in the VAR studio for our games when it gets implemented... our “mate” from tonight.

Great result and very ok performance against those 16 cûnts.

Roll on Anfield and the unbiased Atkinson.
Just to reply to your match thread post, I go to all the home matches, the booing of the anthem has quietened down considerably in the past couple of seasons from where I sit (CB Level 2). And Savage doesn’t annoy me because I watched on Dutch Ziggo Sports on Satellite, can’t stand listening to BT pundits. Was the commentary anti City as usual?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.