Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

The ref MUST be a cheat. That is the only explanation for making City re take the quick throw in when sane was through on goal. What other reason is there for the throw in to be re taken?

The old guard came up trumps again....

How Sane didn't get a pen is beyond me..

Am i the only one for whom seems that our pressing is not working as well as it did last year or have teams just understood it better, maybe Kev is one really importan piece missing from that puzzle.
Teams have a lot of footage to study and we are a big scalp, so we have to be smarter and adapt all the time. I think there's games we might have lost had they come last season already personally. Maybe not tonight's game as some of our play was genuinely sloppy but is it really rational to put every setback down as us being shit or is that a bit deluded? Funnily enough that's exactly what those who are of the opinion that "the ref wasn't bent we were just shit" seem to be saying about those highlighting the ref tonight(ie it's deluded to blame the ref for anything or even mention him), oh the irony eh?

Hoffenheim pressed very well at times tonight, to write off how tight it was as just us being shite does them a huge disservice, they weren't wide open, we had to work hard for our opportunities, they even seemed to switch things up a lot to try and catch us out. We fully deserved the win in the end and had a competitive tactical battle we can learn from, to take the positives from it.

A bit late but if an image ever summed up my feelings on a game
a7a1b4714b94aaafbd48f6c14b9d5478.jpg

I think some folk are vastly overplaying the ref's impact tonight.

Yes, Sane should have had a pen and we were given nothing, but none of that excuses the lack of fluidity we had until Gundogan was taken off.

I hope Pep learnt some things about his midfield tonight, because Gundogan must be hooked for big games and Bernardo allowed to dictate the tempo. It's no coincidence David finally got free once Bernardo stepped in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.