Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Once again I find myself asking... What exactly did Gundogan do to once again be singled out for massive criticism? Clearly he was following Peps orders positionally or he would have been hooked a lot earlier. I thought he was a lot more direct than usual and was actually playing okay.

I must be missing something.....

Once again I find myself asking... What exactly did Gundogan do to once again be singled out for massive criticism? Clearly he was following Peps orders positionally or he would have been hooked a lot earlier. I thought he was a lot more direct than usual and was actually playing okay.

Everyone except you saw it as it was.

https://streamja.com/jpVX

This goal is an absolute classic of early game mentality - or lack of it. I originally thought Otamendi was the biggest culprit, as he just sort of drifts about cluelessly, but the biggest villain in the piece is Gundogan, absolutely shocking ball watching. Special mentions to Kompany for totally losing his man, Laporte for not passing his man on to Gundogan (and watching the overlap) and Walker for playing everyone on. Defensively an absolute howler and a total gift to any opposition.

I know, it's getting boring now isn't it. According to some, Fernandinho is playing badly because of him too (even on Saturday when he wasn't on the pitch).

We have a pretty big problem going into Sunday in central midfield and playing John Stones there isn't the answer. I understood the reasons why we didn't get a Fernandinho replacement this summer, but it was only going to work if we used him sparingly. He's played miles too many minutes so far this season and already looks knackered. If Delph was fit I'd play him there this Sunday, but he isn't so I think we're in a real pickle and blaming everything on Gundogan is ignoring the real issue. With KDB and Delph injured and Fernandinho in decline we're really missing a player with a good engine in the middle.

https://streamja.com/jpVX

This goal is an absolute classic of early game mentality - or lack of it. I originally thought Otamendi was the biggest culprit, as he just sort of drifts about cluelessly, but the biggest villain in the piece is Gundogan, absolutely shocking ball watching. Special mentions to Kompany for totally losing his man, Laporte for not passing his man on to Gundogan (and watching the overlap) and Walker for playing everyone on. Defensively an absolute howler and a total gift to any opposition.
Have you copied this from the BBC website?
Jesus wept.

I'm trying to think of a single occasion when a ref has stopped a quick throw in? That ref performance was as one sided as it gets, same happened to Chelsea years ago,something not right.

Defence:
Our best back 4 is Walker Stones Laporte Mendy - not playing any of these when available against CL or top 6 opposition is frankly suicidal.

Midfield:
Our slowest midfield 3 is Fernandinho, Gundogan, and David Silva. Never play all 3. We'll get countered easy.

Forwards:
Aguero is on form and should play against CL or top 6 clubs. Bernardo/Sterling are on form. Mahrez and Sane creeping up in form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.