Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Not sure how var will improve games like last night most of the decisions would not have been referred and the two that would of (tackle and penalty) would of been referred to a UEFA official who could call both decisions anyway he or UEFA decided
The corrupt fuckers would have said no pen and walker would be banned for a straight red, the only time they can't get involved with decisions is if it's black or white like offside or goal line technology although I'm sure that will also be dodgy when it comes to us

You know what. You maybe proved right. You also may not. I personally disagree with you, as I feel there's no way they can not give the pen, as there will be uproar all round if they were to go against a plainly wrong decision after reviewing it.

What I struggle to get my head around, is after years of the current disgraceful system, last night being the latest in a long line of bent corrupt referees, is why people won't give VAR a chance, before they dismiss it. It will never be perfect, but it has a chance to level the field significantly. Can't understand why any blue doesn't want to give it a chance to see if it improves things over the current debacle!!

What a great win last night ultimate relief when we scored at the end could of gone either way as our defending looked a bit all over the show. More corrupt bent referees also we are going to have to deal with if we are going to win this competition. Leroy penalty? The throw in from silva to Leroy to be pulled back was a joke also to name two. Well played City though we got the points.

Last edited:
The four that counted might or might not have been reversed. First, Kompers notion that the Hoff forward was offside, Aguero's goal, the pen and Silva's goal. The guy was level, someone ended up on the floor at our first, the pen would have turned up another goal kick, and the guy who lost the ball for Silva's goal might have had a free kick for losing the ball! VAR will do us no favours in the CL

This is what worries me.

At almost every goalmouth situation, there are 4 or 5 which are technically a 'foul' but are not worth bothering about, as they are irrelevant to the play. What we saw last night, was a ref give several, first half, which weren't even technically fouls, against us. There is nothing v.a.r. could have done about that, he's made his decision.

So imagine similar happening, then in the 2nd half, a henchman mentions that he's 'seen something' Otamendi has done, in City's box. It turns out he's mildly grabbed a blokes arm. Ref watches it on video: penalty.

We then watch a replay of the game & notice it's happened five times against City players & some of the 'fouls' he gave against us, should have been the other way round. Doesn't matter. Game over.

There were people in the media, who even said Ashley Young's foul on Aguero last season wasn't a pen. So even that is not guaranteed to be given.

There are also plenty of 'handball' incidents with no consistent interpretation, as we saw in the World Cup.

V.A.R. would be fantastic for City, & terrible for Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Utd, Liverpool etc, IF the people operating it & the match referee & officials, could be trusted to implement it, fairly & honestly.

Just watched the Silva goal again. He’s getting beyond belief now this guy. How is that even possible? To get even better with age? He’s phenomenal and that finish and to anticipate the take was sublime.

Amen. I liked this image. I can imagine the look on David Silva's face

_103679434_rexfeatures_9911224ax.jpg

I think we were very good. Lots of the ball, quite a few chances and a clear penalty turned down.

We were a bit dodgy at the back at times but considering we were 1-0 down after less than a minute, I am very happy with the result and performance

Just watched the Silva goal again. He’s getting beyond belief now this guy. How is that even possible? To get even better with age? He’s phenomenal and that finish and to anticipate the take was sublime.

We could do with cloning his brain, eyes, and left foot and grafting them onto stem cells nicked from Foden and Diaz. And then enrolling the package into The Academy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.