Holidays

Think it’s £350 each mate yea, but it’s the extra £800 we spent on hotels food and drink which is essential we get back as well
Think you will get some back, pain in the arse though when your "conditioned" to come home, the last couple of days don't feel like a holiday at all.

We went to the Hatton/Mayweather fight in Vegas, it was December and flights were cancelled all over the place due to bad weather, got home Thursday instead of Tuesday.

Mrs H didn't believe me when I rang her from the airport to say I'd be two days late coming home. Back to Vegas, booked at the Stratosphere hotel, £44 between 4 of us, booked to fly to Chicago, flight cancelled last minute, lost my luggage on the flight, rebooked to Philadelphia, got there, 7 hour delay for our flight home, absolute nightmare, no compensation! 4 night trip turned into a week.

Apart from holidays of a lifetime does anyone do two week holidays anymore, I remember lads holidays 2 weeks in Tenerife and corfu absolutely blitzed for two weeks, family holidays as well but now everyone seems to just do 1 week, even before the covid hike, is it down to purely cost? I’ve looked at 10 days recently at it’s not really that much more tbh in the big scheme of things, although after 5 days I’ve usually had enough of the wife by then ;)

Apart from holidays of a lifetime does anyone do two week holidays anymore, I remember lads holidays 2 weeks in Tenerife and corfu absolutely blitzed for two weeks, family holidays as well but now everyone seems to just do 1 week, even before the covid hike, is it down to purely cost? I’ve looked at 10 days recently at it’s not really that much more tbh in the big scheme of things, although after 5 days I’ve usually had enough of the wife by then ;)
Got 12 nights in Spain at Christmas and two weeks in Florida in March, but I tend to agree with you.

Having a city break weekend or a one-week or a 9 or 10-nighter max enables me to fit more holidays in :)

Think you will get some back, pain in the arse though when your "conditioned" to come home, the last couple of days don't feel like a holiday at all.

We went to the Hatton/Mayweather fight in Vegas, it was December and flights were cancelled all over the place due to bad weather, got home Thursday instead of Tuesday.

Mrs H didn't believe me when I rang her from the airport to say I'd be two days late coming home. Back to Vegas, booked at the Stratosphere hotel, £44 between 4 of us, booked to fly to Chicago, flight cancelled last minute, lost my luggage on the flight, rebooked to Philadelphia, got there, 7 hour delay for our flight home, absolute nightmare, no compensation! 4 night trip turned into a week.

Thing is with this it was fuck all to do with that outage issue, the plane leaving Manchester to come for us took off, then it circled round East Lancs, and an hour later dropped back in to Manchester, later found out chased down runway with fire engines as it had a landing gear issue, so these clever bastards tried to blame the IT outage, where as they did try to set off for us.

But to leave us all day Saturday as well as Friday was a disgrace, with limited updates,and sent an empty Lithuanian plane from Gatwick empty on the Sunday to get us.

Tui had told them to offer complimentary food off the trolley, a can of pop, a cheese and ham toastie and a tube of pringles was what I got.......superb

Thing is with this it was fuck all to do with that outage issue, the plane leaving Manchester to come for us took off, then it circled round East Lancs, and an hour later dropped back in to Manchester, later found out chased down runway with fire engines as it had a landing gear issue, so these clever bastards tried to blame the IT outage, where as they did try to set off for us.

But to leave us all day Saturday as well as Friday was a disgrace, with limited updates,and sent an empty Lithuanian plane from Gatwick empty on the Sunday to get us.

Tui had told them to offer complimentary food off the trolley, a can of pop, a cheese and ham toastie and a tube of pringles was what I got.......superb
Very dodgy, reckon they'll pay what you want if you threaten them with bad publicity, perhaps speak to a claims company/solicitor if they piss you about too much. Should pay for your next Lanzarote trip.

Going to Sorrento in a couple of weeks, any recommendations where you can eat for reasonable prices, and somewhere to watch the Chelsea game?

Got 12 nights in Spain at Christmas and two weeks in Florida in March, but I tend to agree with you.

Having a city break weekend or a one-week or a 9 or 10-nighter max enables me to fit more holidays in :)
Have you been to Florida recently? It's so expensive compared to a few years ago, partly to do with the exchange rate but prices hiked everywhere.

We were in Clearwater in September 2022, Saturday night in a bar, Manager tells us they're closing at 10pm as they're short staffed, went very quiet in the resort as virtually every bar/restaurant was looking for staff.

Dont know if it's changed @Mad Eyed Screamer maybe able to comment. He advised us to visit Tarpon Springs which is worth a visit, lovely Greek inspired resort famous for sponges of all things but plenty to see, well worth a visit if you're not too far away.

Had a great trip but spent around £4.5k in 14 days for two of us.

Have you been to Florida recently? It's so expensive compared to a few years ago, partly to do with the exchange rate but prices hiked everywhere.

We were in Clearwater in September 2022, Saturday night in a bar, Manager tells us they're closing at 10pm as they're short staffed, went very quiet in the resort as virtually every bar/restaurant was looking for staff.

Dont know if it's changed @Mad Eyed Screamer maybe able to comment. He advised us to visit Tarpon Springs which is worth a visit, lovely Greek inspired resort famous for sponges of all things but plenty to see, well worth a visit if you're not too far away.

Had a great trip but spent around £4.5k in 14 days for two of us.
was that 4.5k all in or just on spends, 4.5k all in is not to bad tbf

I've just done 19 days in Italy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.