Holidays

Have you been to Florida recently? It's so expensive compared to a few years ago, partly to do with the exchange rate but prices hiked everywhere.

We were in Clearwater in September 2022, Saturday night in a bar, Manager tells us they're closing at 10pm as they're short staffed, went very quiet in the resort as virtually every bar/restaurant was looking for staff.

Dont know if it's changed @Mad Eyed Screamer maybe able to comment. He advised us to visit Tarpon Springs which is worth a visit, lovely Greek inspired resort famous for sponges of all things but plenty to see, well worth a visit if you're not too far away.

Had a great trip but spent around £4.5k in 14 days for two of us.
Florida has got so expensive work colleague has just come back and said he was paying $3.80 per gallon where has I have just come back from Texas amongst a few other states and found the most expensive was in Dallas and that was $3.00, have always found Florida, New York & Vegas expensive compared to other places in US

Apart from holidays of a lifetime does anyone do two week holidays anymore, I remember lads holidays 2 weeks in Tenerife and corfu absolutely blitzed for two weeks, family holidays as well but now everyone seems to just do 1 week, even before the covid hike, is it down to purely cost? I’ve looked at 10 days recently at it’s not really that much more tbh in the big scheme of things, although after 5 days I’ve usually had enough of the wife by then ;)
Try to have one two weeks and one just a week .
I could quite easily do 3 weeks though

Florida has got so expensive work colleague has just come back and said he was paying $3.80 per gallon where has I have just come back from Texas amongst a few other states and found the most expensive was in Dallas and that was $3.00, have always found Florida, New York & Vegas expensive compared to other places in US
Unfortunately will probably never go back with family to Florida, used to love Disney but they’ve destroyed it with greed it’s only for the rich or those fools easily parted with their money, having to stump up 20% in tips every time you eat or whatever is a joke as well. The pound is quite strong as well compared to recent years I wish it would go back to 2:1 them were the days.

Unfortunately will probably never go back with family to Florida, used to love Disney but they’ve destroyed it with greed it’s only for the rich or those fools easily parted with their money, having to stump up 20% in tips every time you eat or whatever is a joke as well. The pound is quite strong as well compared to recent years I wish it would go back to 2:1 them were the days.
Pre covid the parks were cheap. I got 3 day passes (Florida residents rate) at Disney for $139 each (passes for 3 days) when my eldest and 2 grandkids came over in 2018.
The came over 2 years ago and it was $189 for each of us for one day and they've scrapped the Florida residents rates.

I never bother with % when tipping. I either stick $5 or $10 down depending how many of us there are.

Someone said petrol was $3.80 a gallon! Where?
I haven't seen that price in 12 months. Round.my way currently it is anywhere between $3.25 and $3.45 it changes daily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.