Holidays

I’ve never been to the original Disneyland in Anaheim but I believe it’s much smaller. I would imagine that there’s definitely some historical value in visiting the original.

You can’t beat the epic scale of Disney World - not just the four parks and two water parks. Some of the hotels are incredible and worth visiting as attractions in themselves. To me, the whole thing is an architectural marvel. It’s more expensive than it used to be but it’s one of those experiences where you can see where a lot of that money goes. So yes, there are plenty of reasons to visit.
I’ve done both, the California one is very small in scale although it was 1990 when I went but I don’t think it’s expanded that much as they don’t have the room, Florida is epic, huge so many parks and you need two/three weeks to really get it all done. If you just do Disney then two weeks but Universal is going to be massive soon, Sea World and a few others you need longer and very deep pockets. I wish they’d limit the amount of people on each day as well, it’s just rammed all the time. Like I said I don’t think I’d ever go back now unfortunately unless I came into so serious cash to do it one last time, sad really as it really is the place to make memories with the family.

Just back from a great 10 days in Hurghada Egypt with the family
Stayed in Caves beach resort which was absolutely fantastic,all the rooms,restaurant,reception are a replica of a cave,sounds very tacky but we loved it!
Great beach and pools,food was great but the drinks not too great,beer was terrible and the cocktails not great but I wasn’t there to get bladdered every day
Did some great trips most notably the trip out to the Bedouin nomadic tribe in the desert,riding on Camels,quad biking etc,fantastic day out although very very hot
Also did the trip to Orange Bay Island in the Red Sea and did snorkelling in the Coral reef which we all absolutely loved
All in all a fantastic holiday,couple of negatives
Firstly the amount of begging from members of staff really irritated me but was exepcted
Secondly we all had the shits,3 days after coming home and still not trusting a fart and sitting on the toilet for a fart just in case

Stoupa in mainland greece on weds.
Ready for it!!

We go greece every year, simply love the place.
Never been to stoupa but looks just up our street, quiet, 10 or so tavernas on a horse shoe bay

Hurry up wednesday!!
Stoupa is great. We were there 3 years ago and loved it. It's worth having a car for a copule of days to see a bit more of the peninsula.

Thing is with this it was fuck all to do with that outage issue, the plane leaving Manchester to come for us took off, then it circled round East Lancs, and an hour later dropped back in to Manchester, later found out chased down runway with fire engines as it had a landing gear issue, so these clever bastards tried to blame the IT outage, where as they did try to set off for us.

But to leave us all day Saturday as well as Friday was a disgrace, with limited updates,and sent an empty Lithuanian plane from Gatwick empty on the Sunday to get us.

Tui had told them to offer complimentary food off the trolley, a can of pop, a cheese and ham toastie and a tube of pringles was what I got.......superb
Which flight and date was this when it turned back to Manchester?

Off to Venice in 4 weeks for 4 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary and Mrs Pragues birthday

Then off on a transatlantic cruise from Southampton via Madeira to the Caribbean in October
Same here is that on the Britannia?
We're going via Tenerife on the Arvia

Same here is that on the Britannia?
We're going via Tenerife on the Arvia
Yep, we're on Britannia.

We did a 2 week fly cruise round the Caribbean a few years ago with TUI.

We did the Canaries with P and O on Iona in March and the fjords and then Spain and Portugal both with them last year.

Enjoy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.