Holidays

BY2518 -19 July
Thanks. If it was a tech problem that caused the issue then that may attract compensation under the EU261 regulations. Unfortunately it was the day after the disruption of the IT issues as well. Proving it was an issue within the airlines' control could be tough though. As you've alluded to earlier though, getting the cost of hotels and associated costs should be your aim from TUI as this duty of c are does fall withing the scope of the legislation.

Thanks. If it was a tech problem that caused the issue then that may attract compensation under the EU261 regulations. Unfortunately it was the day after the disruption of the IT issues as well. Proving it was an issue within the airlines' control could be tough though. As you've alluded to earlier though, getting the cost of hotels and associated costs should be your aim from TUI as this duty of c are does fall withing the scope of the legislation.
Had a mare with Tui when in Crete
Aircraft was hit by lightning on the incoming flight to Man so couldnt do the Man to Crete flight.
Even tho Tui knew this they still dumped us at the airport.
I had broken my ankle on holiday and like everyone else got zero help from Tui , the poor young Tuii reps left to fend off irate passengers with no sign of the management.
Most people ended up sleeping at the airport .
36 hrs later finally got a plane back .applied for compo , tui refused calling it an act of god .. I looked into some previous cases which stated that Lightning strikes were not an act of god as Aircraft regularly get hit by lightning.
Anyway long story short ,appealed the case to ADT i think it was and won , on the grounds that although the ligtning strike was an act of god it shouldnt have took that length of time to get us back .
Tui hotels are great ...the airline isnt .
You can really judge an airline not on when things go well but how they react when things are going wrong.

Enjoy mate, special times with your family can never be equated with expense, hope you have a great jolly.
Thanks, will do. Just to add that due to lower prices in the old days and then funnelling ALL our spare cash into our holidays, we have been lucky enough to do Disney World as a family 8 times (also been to Disneyland Paris about 20 times). Yes, we are Disney freaks (more the other 3 than me, but I do enjoy many aspects of the holidays).

Anyway, it is a fantastic place to make family memories, and even though my girls are 25 and 23, the four of us are still making a lot of special memories on our holidays. So yes, it’s money well spent.

I also booked another flight to come back at £237 as well, they’ll pay that back as well, then I’ll hit the insurance company also, should come out with some profit here, and a couple of vouchers………joking apart I’ll be happy to get the extra money we laid out and a gesture of goodwill compo, the simple truth is we were abandoned and it took 48 hours for them to rescue us, they’ll pay, trust me they will pay up

Booked a week in Tislivi in Zante end of August, just me and the lad
Anyone been?
Fly 31st so will be there for the West Ham game any recommendations?

Seems to be a lot of anti-tourist sentiment around Europe at the moment

If that's the case, perhaps it's because people that live in tourist areas got used to having their cities back for themselves during the Covid period and are now seeing them being overrun by tourists again.

I live in Prague and for a couple of years there were almost no tourists and locals had the city to themselves again. Prices dropped, as businesses had to try and cater to the local market, and more flats became available for long-term rental as the Airbnb market was dead. Bad for businesses but pleasant for local citizens. The situation has now reverted back to pre-Covid times.

I haven't personally detected any real anti-tourist sentiment here yet but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist of course.

If that's the case, perhaps it's because people that live in tourist areas got used to having their cities back for themselves during the Covid period and are now seeing them being overrun by tourists again.

I live in Prague and for a couple of years there were almost no tourists and locals had the city to themselves again. Prices dropped, as businesses had to try and cater to the local market, and more flats became available for long-term rental as the Airbnb market was dead. Bad for businesses but pleasant for local citizens. The situation has now reverted back to pre-Covid times.

I haven't personally detected any real anti-tourist sentiment here yet but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist of course.
It would be nice if most people visiting cities stayed in hotels, as opposed to taking up flats and rentals, which should be for locals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.