Holidays

Seems to be a lot of anti-tourist sentiment around Europe at the moment

Not just outside the U.K. - Edinburgh is getting more and more swamped.

Air B&Bs are clogging up the rental markets, going into town is bleak as it’s just swarms of people in matching rucksacks or bellends on stag or hen nights. It’s a fair point about Covid, it took the pressure off to a degree but it’s worse than ever this summer.

My bus was stuck at the stop opposite the Balmoral for 35 minutes last week, as hordes got on, individually asked the driver where it went, got off again to chat to their group. Then got on again, argued with a competing group…

And that’s without the festival starting this week, happily timed to mostly take place during school so no local kids get to go.

Unfortunately will probably never go back with family to Florida, used to love Disney but they’ve destroyed it with greed it’s only for the rich or those fools easily parted with their money, having to stump up 20% in tips every time you eat or whatever is a joke as well. The pound is quite strong as well compared to recent years I wish it would go back to 2:1 them were the days.
similar to yourself, I've been to Florida numerous times and absolutely love it, last time I went i was really disappointed with how Disney was and you are correct it has been destroyed by greed, but that was before Disney & Universal ran everything now it feels like you are having to purchase 28 days worth of passes to attend all the parks you want , the old fastpass system was great but now even queues for food and character meetings are ridiculous

Just back from a great 10 days in Hurghada Egypt with the family
Stayed in Caves beach resort which was absolutely fantastic,all the rooms,restaurant,reception are a replica of a cave,sounds very tacky but we loved it!
Great beach and pools,food was great but the drinks not too great,beer was terrible and the cocktails not great but I wasn’t there to get bladdered every day
Did some great trips most notably the trip out to the Bedouin nomadic tribe in the desert,riding on Camels,quad biking etc,fantastic day out although very very hot
Also did the trip to Orange Bay Island in the Red Sea and did snorkelling in the Coral reef which we all absolutely loved
All in all a fantastic holiday,couple of negatives
Firstly the amount of begging from members of staff really irritated me but was exepcted
Secondly we all had the shits,3 days after coming home and still not trusting a fart and sitting on the toilet for a fart just in case
Did Sharm quite a few years ago when wife worked for Monarch airlines had a brilliant time booked to go back but then someone blew up a plane and we’ve never been back unfortunately, do keep looking now as I thought it was a great holiday. Also went to Cairo for 10 days when she was working out there, I spent 5 days in bed with the shits I lost a stone in weight! Fucking worst thing I’ve had couldn’t go out the room, people should fuck dieting off book Egypt for a week drink a glass of water and hey presto you’ll be thinner than Karen Carpenter in days.

similar to yourself, I've been to Florida numerous times and absolutely love it, last time I went i was really disappointed with how Disney was and you are correct it has been destroyed by greed, but that was before Disney & Universal ran everything now it feels like you are having to purchase 28 days worth of passes to attend all the parks you want , the old fastpass system was great but now even queues for food and character meetings are ridiculous

disney.jpg

Anyone know good places for Pet friendly cabins in the lakes - ideally next week I want to be going

Anyone know good places for Pet friendly cabins in the lakes - ideally next week I want to be going
We’ve used holidaycottages.co.uk good selection many are independent on here and keep away from major cottage letting companies, there’s a lovely lodge on Ambleside on that site mate. Sorry can’t remember the name of it.

Thanet Well Lodges are pretty good - we generally go there at least once a year.

Looking on their website, at least some of the lodges are pet friendly. We usually book it through Hoseasons.

Going to Sorrento in a couple of weeks, any recommendations where you can eat for reasonable prices, and somewhere to watch the Chelsea game?
Was in Naples for a week last year and had a couple of days in Sorrento, we just ate in the bars in the town centre, menus were good couldn’t really see much difference in what we were charged in Naples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.