Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Absolutely mate, donkey jackets and boots. Was that Bolton game mid eighties, that was a big battle if it was the same game, there's footage on you tube with Bolton in the Chesterfield end, and a bit of mither
Mansfield V Bolton...late 70s. We were all punks and perry boys

Just looked it up:

11 Mar 1978Mansfield Town v Bolton WanderersL0-1League Division Two

It was the 70's one I think Kiddo scored for us. I remember it well for a blonde gorgeous policewoman who was stood on the touchline in front of the City fans and was subjected to lots of tasty songs as you can imagine. Her inspector took pity on her and moved her for the second half. Also one horrible old copper on a horse outside the station as we waited to get put on the train. He was crushing us with his horse and slagging us off to get a reaction. The game was pretty forgettable.
Haha I was just thinking about her when reading the Chesterfield posts......she was loving it. I'm sure I can remember us all giving the Inspector some shit when he moved her.

I remember when the Coolcats were stood on the Kippax chanting "Bulldog where are you" . About 1978ish. No idea why. Bit of rivalry perhaps?
I remember a night game when they were roaming all over the Kippax laying into any skins that were about, an older scooter lad I knew from Hazel Grove got wasted by them. Would've been around the time you mention.

Brighton 83 FA Cup, went on the service train, when we arrived at Euston on our way we were met by West Hams finest, there was about 30 of us, they had about 30, not knowing which way to go we walked straight up to them, I said to the biggest one, how do we get to Brighton, they were all a bit shocked as they didnt expect us to approach the way we did, the first thing they asked was where are UTD, as they were playing one another in the FA Cup on the same day, I replied that they wouldn't get on the train in Manchester with us, they laughed and explained which way to go and wished us luck, we parted without any trouble, something I will always remember.
I went Friday night,had a mate in London so stayed there,arranged to meet the usual service lot Saturday morning ,night in London ended messier thsn expected and I woke up spewing and late! Ended up on the train on my own,still spewing but by now in public,had 3 pints all day,got in a row I didn't need after,then discovered I'd lost my train ticket home and had to jib the special back,so no peace there staying awake to avoid the Hector's! Happy days.

Mates older than me say late 60s early 70s were worse! I couldn't get my head round that either,my time was 80s and it was crazy!
Me 80’s also it was was bedlam people can say what they want about hooligans but you were sure happy you had some of them lads around you when confronted by Leeds, Cardiff etc etc great days to be honest and some really good sound lads

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.