Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I have been all over the place with City been in the wrong end so to speak , done my bit , but Cardiff away in 94 was even a little bit to rum for me , I have seen accounts on here and I believe them that City did more than ok but for me and my mates it was fucking grim to say the least , I thought when Curle got his pen saved we might be ok , we had already had a kicking on the way in , it didn’t it was fucking bedlam .
Wild day ,went on the train, but not home! Our cards were marked in the park,got to the petrol station after it had kicked off,still all City hanging round, set off walking to town and there was fuckin loads of them,just about accepted we're gonna get it,car pulls up with lads we knew,alright lads ,want a lift home? Yes we fuckin do! Bad as it got Cardiff that day. Welsh one day wonder cunts!

Me 80’s also it was was bedlam people can say what they want about hooligans but you were sure happy you had some of them lads around you
So much went on it was mental,we had 100s of lads then who went everywhere, not many could say that,big teams had big turnouts but we always turned up. Still good mates with loads of that lot now, greatest times of my life, scary or not! Madness at places like grimsby and Walsall! Up the Blues.

I have been all over the place with City been in the wrong end so to speak , done my bit , but Cardiff away in 94 was even a little bit to rum for me , I have seen accounts on here and I believe them that City did more than ok but for me and my mates it was fucking grim to say the least , I thought when Curle got his pen saved we might be ok , we had already had a kicking on the way in , it didn’t it was fucking bedlam .
That was frightening afterwards don’t care what anyone else says you had to fight to survive it seemed to go on forever

So much went on it was mental,we had 100s of lads then who went everywhere, not many could say that,big teams had big turnouts but we always turned up. Still good mates with loads of that lot now, greatest times of my life, scary or not! Madness at places like grimsby and Walsall! Up the Blues.
I was saying this to the lad I took to Chelsea Thursday it wasn’t all Leeds Cardiff etc when we visited these so called smaller clubs they were out in force

I was saying this to the lad I took to Chelsea Thursday it wasn’t all Leeds Cardiff etc when we visited these so called smaller clubs they were out in force
Whole towns turned out against us! Mid 80s we had a (well earned) reputation and everyone wanted a go! Like you say the big names were obvious hot spots,but I saw major brawls at Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Hull,Carlisle, and who remembers a mad night in Sheffield on the way home from grimsby? Th8nk they'd played millwall and were all out, and we turned up!

Remember Carlise United in 83 I think, that was a bit tasty to say the least.
We were in some pub early,next thing the old they're here shout went up,at the pub door with knives giving it come on City, ragged them up the road! We had some mad fuckers then!

We were in some pub early,next thing the old they're here shout went up,at the pub door with knives giving it come on City, ragged them up the road! We had some mad fuckers then!
The 'Chelsea rent boys' thing got me wondering about these 80's hooligan groups. It all seems a bit homoerotic and it was obviously a lot harder to be openly 'out' back then. It's great that us blues obviously had our own scene back in the day but a shame it had to hide its love behind a veneer of violence and hooliganism. No coincidence I suppose that these organised firms have receded as being openly gay on the terraces has become more accepted. For me that's progress and the repression of the past is a tragedy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.