Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Whole towns turned out against us! Mid 80s we had a (well earned) reputation and everyone wanted a go! Like you say the big names were obvious hot spots,but I saw major brawls at Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Hull,Carlisle, and who remembers a mad night in Sheffield on the way home from grimsby? Th8nk they'd played millwall and were all out, and we turned up!
Utd or Wednesday mate

Blackpool away
Oldham away
Birmingham away
Leeds away
West Ham away

The roof came off at one of those fixtures never seen anything like it before and I saw a lot of things back then in the 80s . City fans also got a ladder to get into one of the stands at Oldham , unbelievable scenes at a rammed boundary park . Quite a few rags turned up that day and later wish they hadn’t ;-) . West Ham away back in the day when men were men and the tube was Russian roulette literally. Baseball bats the fucking lot at Birmingham away and Leeds away every fixture was legendary with unprecedented violence outside Elland road. Greatest decade ever the 80s !

Blackpool away
Oldham away
Birmingham away
Leeds away
West Ham away

The roof came off at one of those fixtures never seen anything like it before and I saw a lot of things back then in the 80s . City fans also got a ladder to get into one of the stands at Oldham , unbelievable scenes at a rammed boundary park . Quite a few rags turned up that day and later wish they hadn’t ;-) . West Ham away back in the day when men were men and the tube was Russian roulette literally. Baseball bats the fucking lot at Birmingham away and Leeds away every fixture was legendary with unprecedented violence outside Elland road. Greatest decade ever the 80s !
Could say the same for the 70's only worse

I remember a night game when they were roaming all over the Kippax laying into any skins that were about, an older scooter lad I knew from Hazel Grove got wasted by them. Would've been around the time you

I remember when the Coolcats were stood on the Kippax chanting "Bulldog where are you" . About 1978ish. No idea why. Bit of rivalry perhaps?
Wasn't bulldog the name of the paper NF fascist scum sold outside Maine Rd?
I remember when the Coolcats were stood on the Kippax chanting "Bulldog where are you" . About 1978ish. No idea why. Bit of rivalry perhaps?

Blackpool away
Oldham away
Birmingham away
Leeds away
West Ham away

It was the cup match when we lost to Blackpool and city had half the scratching sheds and half the kop,the roof was getting dismantled in the east paddock and was getting thrown in to the blackpool section,it kicked off at half time as well when city fans ran at the west paddock,I was only 14 but I must say I did enjoy watching it...

Wasn't bulldog the name of the paper NF fascist scum sold outside Maine Rd?

Think it was called The British Bulldog wasn’t it?

We were queuing up to get in Elland Road one time in the ‘80s and a Leeds fan was wandering up and down the queue trying to sell copies. I said to a copper… Are you gonna let that prick do that? Can’t remember his exact words but it was along the lines of… He can do what he wants in England.

Think it was called The British Bulldog wasn’t it?

We were queuing up to get in Elland Road one time in the ‘80s and a Leeds fan was wandering up and down the queue trying to sell copies. I said to a copper… Are you gonna let that prick do that? Can’t remember his exact words but it was along the lines of… He can do what he wants in England.
Should have robbed the ****

Should have robbed the ****

I was only a young pup and the guy was like in his 40s or something. And to be honest nobody else seemed particularly bothered by it. I imagine things might have been a bit different if the older black lads had showed up while he was there.

I was only a young pup and the guy was like in his 40s or something. And to be honest nobody else seemed particularly bothered by it. I imagine things might have been a bit different if the older black lads had showed up while he was there.
I think so....he'd have had no money and no clothes on unless they were typical Leeds clobber

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.