Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

It was the cup match when we lost to Blackpool and city had half the scratching sheds and half the kop,the roof was getting dismantled in the east paddock and was getting thrown in to the blackpool section,it kicked off at half time as well when city fans ran at the west paddock,I was only 14 but I must say I did enjoy watching it...
I was in the open Kop , got hit on the head with a coin . All sorts going on and the train home was something else :-)

I was only a young pup and the guy was like in his 40s or something. And to be honest nobody else seemed particularly bothered by it. I imagine things might have been a bit different if the older black lads had showed up while he was there.
About ten years ago a load of black and white pictures of the trouble that day appeared on (I think) the Daily Mirror website, taken by their photographer. They were linked on this forum too but I've never been able to fin d them since.

About ten years ago a load of black and white pictures of the trouble that day appeared on (I think) the Daily Mirror website, taken by their photographer. They were linked on this forum too but I've never been able to fin d them since.
Just googled and found one actually but there were lots

english-fa-cup-match-blackpool-2-v-manchester-21561434.jpg.webp

It was the cup match when we lost to Blackpool and city had half the scratching sheds and half the kop,the roof was getting dismantled in the east paddock and was getting thrown in to the blackpool section,it kicked off at half time as well when city fans ran at the west paddock,I was only 14 but I must say I did enjoy watching it...
Was that the game when the ref in a sheep skinned coat came out at half time?. I remember being along the side as a kid seeing slates being flung here there and everywhere, i also remember City being utter shite that day as well.

Was that the game when the ref in a sheep skinned coat came out at half time?. I remember being along the side as a kid seeing slates being flung here there and everywhere, i also remember City being utter shite that day as well.
Leeds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.