How are we all feeling about our club today?

I am pleased we withdrew. I would like the club to explain why they felt it was necessary to put City's hat in the ring bearing in mind the proposal looked poor from a competitive sport perspective. Sport needs to be competitive. Once they have explained their rationale then I would like to see an apology. This showed poor judgement based on the information I have available.

I think the supposed big 6 should make a gesture to grass roots football and make a regular donation through the appropriate channels to demonstrate they are not just in it for themselves.

The owners made a mistake and now need to repair the damage and build trust again.

I read a bit of RAWK and the rationale for this by some of their idiots was that it was an inevitable consequence of UEFA's failure to get us to abide by FFP. I mean, we know they're a bunch of the most deluded fuckwits imaginable but how in god's name do some of them come to that conclusion?
The same way other fans come up with Trojan Horse theories. That’s how.

It was almost burn my City shirts time but not quite.

I'd have been done all together if it had happened. I've loved and attended games with my club for 50 years, it looked like it'd died.

Would love to know what happened for us to 'join', the conversations behind the scenes and if we were playing 4d chess...it was a toxic and dangerous life or death game.

We'll never know the full true story which is such a shame.

Relieved, support of pep and the players. Don’t like Soriano.

We had an opportunity here to tell the footballing world we were right all along about ffp and the cartel pushing it. When we had the moment to prove we were right all along we jumped into bed with them for some money. Disgrace

Will still be going to games and my love for the club hasn’t changed but something needs to change with Sorianos approach
You really think it's possible to heap any blame on Soriano, there are some on here that have always had a thing about Soriano and Txiki, god knows why. They think they can use this as another way of having a dig. This only ever came from the top.
I think we made a mistake, unless it's right we were double dealing which is completely possible. Either way I don't feel any need to lay blame at anyones door. If anyone does feel the need to lay blame then it has to be Khaldoon and the owner, not Soriano that's just a cop out.

I take you to the political forum...
On a serious note. Why would things ever get out? It's not in the interests for anyone is it? The ultimate goal for all owners/UEFA/FA/Sky/BT here is still £££
As you said, football is a small world, everybody knows everybody's business.
If the evidence is there, it will emerge sooner or later. See Pool hacking us.

All’s well the ends well.

It was always fairly obvious that City (like Chelsea) weren’t the driving force behind this, that was United, Real Madrid, and one or two of the other clubs that obviously have more to gain from it than us. City had to agree to join or they’d face being excluded from European top level competition forever.

By launching it in such an incompetent manner the clubs behind this have all but guaranteed that the idea is dead for the next few years at least.

All been a necessary evil, Cartel finally crushed and left to sort out a very unhappy fan base, we going forward will have a strong position in a reformed uefa.
We got what we've always wanted, an influential place at the top table with a level playing field.
Hoping this is fantastic news for any club with ambition and decent owners.
An explanation would be nice though.

I was pissed off with the way it came about, but we don't know the full story, none of us are privvy all the intricate details of what went on here, in the fullness of time, maybe we will and we can make a more reasoned judgement then, sometimes, good people, with good intent, do mad/bad/stupid/desperate things, I'll reserve judgement for now, but I won't forget all the good our owners have done, if someone somewhere made a bad call then I think these people have more than enough credit in the bank for our supporters forgiveness and support.

As you said, football is a small world, everybody knows everybody's business.
If the evidence is there, it will emerge sooner or later. See Pool hacking us.
Yeah, maybe things will filter through slowly once the dust has settled. As I said in an earlier post we will ultimately be the ones the media will attack and blame in the end. But I believe we have a stronger ally (if you can call it that, by keeping your enemies close) in Ceferin at UEFA

All’s well the ends well.

It was always fairly obvious that City (like Chelsea) weren’t the driving force behind this, that was United, Real Madrid, and one or two of the other clubs that obviously have more to gain from it than us. City had to agree to join or they’d face being excluded from European top level competition forever.

By launching it in such an incompetent manner the clubs behind this have all but guaranteed that the idea is dead for the next few years at least.
We didn't have to agree to join. Bayern and PSG resisted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.