how close to the ground

McD'sd next to the ground, the walk from the car in the Velodrome proved to me that the game would not proceed, horrendous it was

Only eclipsed in its horrendousness by the GMP announcement which was at least an hour too late

mcfcbhoy said:
Sitting in a wee cafe, mins from the ground, totally soaked after walking up Pollard St.
My fist game in about 5 years - had left my house at 9.30am to get bus down from Glasgow - to say I was gutted would de an understatement!!
Gutted for you mate,
dont leave as long to come back.

Got as far as Cheadle, we'd set off from leicester at 3:15pm. Eventful night, a tree fell onto the road behind our car when we were near Goostrey, we were thinking with that kind of luck it was gonna be a great night. Oh well.

I was sat near a group that had just got in the pub after travelling for 5 hours not sure where they came from but felt sorry for them.

That would be the Glos and Cheltenham Brnach who drink in the Townley after travelling up from the South West

i was at asda eastlands, killing time cos of the weather and about to head down to the stadium at 6.50pm when i got a call with the news! We'd got the bus into Manc in the afternoon, then the bus to asda about 6 - almost blown over just walking from the bus to asda! Still annoyed they didn't call it off sooner though, as we still had to get home via public transport.

I was sat on my sofa in my front room! Was literally a couple of minutes away from switching off the TV and heading out into the maelstrom when the SSN tickertape said the game was off, quick check to confirm via social media then settled into a nice warm evening in the comfort of my own home! So pleased I didn't head off earlier as I tend to listen to music in the car rather than the radio so would have got all the way to Beswick before finding out it was off!

Not so much as close to the ground. Anyone from the Warrington area will apppreciate this but I heard after passing the Birchwood junction and the "works exit" on the M62, which meant I had to trek all the way to the M60, exit 1st junction, thru Boothstown and back up the East Lancs Rd to avoid the Westbound M62 traffic.

3 bloody hours round trip door to door! I appreciate others will have had much longer journeys.

I don't disagree with the decision to call the match off but the timing was ridiculous. All but local fans will have already set off before the postponement. The police must have known the weather forecast was only going to deteriorate. Madness.

Bluemoon115 said:
Sinclairs with a pint.

Not the most exciting story, but overreaction comment of the night went to my mate, who pondered 'this must have been what it was like during the blitz'.

I agree with him, I've seen many pictures of war torn England during the blitz and it's just inside out umbrellas as far as the eye can see.......

Got on the motorway at Ramsbottom, got as far as pilsworth and turned off there as we heard the news on radio.

So went into Asda and got some tea.
There was a few fellow blues in there that looked like they did the same too.

Pointless night off worked booked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.