how close to the ground

The Blue Pig in the Northern Quarter...then went onto Montpellier, Shakespeare, Sam's Chop House...had a bit of a late night in the end :-)

I had just finished playing 5 a side still in kit and about to burn some rubber and switched on 5 live to hear those immortal "The game at Etihad is now off on recommendation of GMP", "B@****D!!!"" and then the Mrs phoned to tell me the news GREAT!!!

Was walking to the ground when fans coming away told me it was off.
Went home to greeted by the missus who said "great now we can watch Midsommer Murders together"!

Sat in the Directors lounge at the Etihad being served canapes & wine by attractive young ladies
whilst looking at my match ticket which said 'Directors Box'.
I couldn't bloody believe it when they announced the game was off!
Just my luck.

Bailed out en-route to Wolverhampton Station at 5:15! (Due to reported Cross Country service delays & cancellations.)

We were in a pub in town. What was odd was a bloke walked into the pub and announced it was off. Not that it might be off or that the game was in doubt, 100% it was off. Thing was, this was a good 20 minutes before it appeared on Twitter and was confirmed so no idea who or how he knew but he was spot on!

Parked up in my usual street next to Openshaw Tech (or whatever it's called now) at 6:20, and struggled to put my topcoat, hat and gloves on. I nearly got blown over on my way to the Legh Arms, and I'm 16 stone (all muscle I may add :-)), thinking "they can't play in this". Got in the pub, to be told the match was off.

Joined the queue on M/cr Old Road, and eventually called in the chippy for my tea, and then watched the rags match chez moi. I normally use the M60 to Bredbury, but crossing it near Ye Olde Blue Pig, noticed that all 6 lanes were stationary!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.