How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I might add that I wouldn't want to rejoin under this government even if this was an option as they are clearly not capable of negotiating a good deal.

I might add that I wouldn't want to rejoin under this government even if this was an option as they are clearly not capable of negotiating a good deal.
From the outside looking in, I think this is a valid point.
Personally I dread to think what further botch job they make when it comes to appeasing the DUP.

They could fnck up more than the UK.

From the outside looking in, I think this is a valid point.
Personally I dread to think what further botch job they make when it comes to appeasing the DUP.

They could fnck up more than the UK.
The whole May bribing the DUP with £1b ?? investment thing to back her really stank didn't it.

I don't think there is much to negotiate if we were to re join. It would be pretty much this is the EU join or don't.
Well what I mean by that is not rejoining on less favourable terms than when we left. But I have no faith that this government wouldn't manage to mess that up. I guess we would have to have a another referendum first. Be interesting to see how that panned out. Close again I think but probably rejoin would.in is my gut feeling. Many people I know , who i would term middle of the road voters, are very disenchanted with the UK government and the way things have been implemented. Would they take that view further and vote to rejoin. Maybe.

Well what I mean by that is not rejoining on less favourable terms than when we left. But I have no faith that this government wouldn't manage to mess that up. I guess we would have to have an another referendum first. Be interesting to see how that panned out. Close again I think but probably rejoin would.in is my gut feeling. Many people I know , who i would term middle of the road voters, are very disenchanted with the UK government and the way things have been implemented. Would they take that view further and vote to rejoin. Maybe.
I don’t believe there is any prospect of rejoining on the same terms as we left. The EU has moved on and our numerous opt outs, contribution rebate, keeping of the pound etc would not be on offer. Whilst I’m sure the EU would welcome us back, they’ve now proved to themselves that we’re not indispensable and are unlikely to treat us as a special case. Other than a few goodwill gestures to appease some people it will be take it or leave it. Our best strategy would be to leverage our military capability and financial services to get a few perks. I’m sure the rest of the EU would prefer having two UN Security Council members rather than just one when it comes to international diplomacy.

Well what I mean by that is not rejoining on less favourable terms than when we left. But I have no faith that this government wouldn't manage to mess that up. I guess we would have to have a another referendum first. Be interesting to see how that panned out. Close again I think but probably rejoin would.in is my gut feeling. Many people I know , who i would term middle of the road voters, are very disenchanted with the UK government and the way things have been implemented. Would they take that view further and vote to rejoin. Maybe.
Oh we will rejoin on less favourable terms,whoever the government, we through those favourable terns and vetos we had down the toilet when we left in the first place.

I don’t believe there is any prospect of rejoining on the same terms as we left. The EU has moved on and our numerous opt outs, contribution rebate, keeping of the pound etc would not be on offer. Whilst I’m sure the EU would welcome us back, they’ve now proved to themselves that we’re not indispensable and are unlikely to treat us as a special case. Other than a few goodwill gestures to appease some people it will be take it or leave it.
Money talks tho. Certainly no chance of returning with favourable terms under this shower. I guess we will see. On a personal level it's not a massive issue for me or my life whether we do or don't. But like every other uk citizen, I want a the UK and its people to do well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.