How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I haven't said we weren't lied to, on this point though we were told the truth. Same question to you, do you honestly believe other than the political students who are still mired in the 6th form political ethics the rest of the population are genuinely interested enough to wade through shit posited by ideologs to get to the nit and gritty?
I think if there is a push to get a second referendum, it will be the adult population today pushing for it and then all the evidence will come out in the arguments for and against

I think if there is a push to get a second referendum, it will be the adult population today pushing for it and then all the evidence will come out in the arguments for and against

If and it's a big IF there is a second referendum I believe that remain would win.

To do that though the political class have to engage the people on the bottom of the ladder by tact and not shouting racist at them at every given opportunity, but I reckon they are too far gone and couldn't stop themselves.

"One of the continual problems with Brexit has been the UK having a conversation with itself without thinking enough about what the EU might be prepared to accept,” Brunsden said.

Nevertheless, Brunsden noted that Labour’s more positive attitude towards the EU could foster greater trust between London and Brussels, which might help resolve more technical trade-related disputes.

“There are going to be situations where potential trade disputes arise – and trust between the two sides is going to matter,” he said.

Having got the thread going again today, can I suggest people actually read this article?

If and it's a big IF there is a second referendum I believe that remain would win.

To do that though the political class have to engage the people on the bottom of the ladder by tact and not shouting racist at them at every given opportunity, but I reckon they are too far gone and couldn't stop themselves.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'remain' in 2024? Is that remain out now or re-enter?

Having got the thread going again today, can I suggest people actually read this article?
It probably needs to be done piecemeal and stretched over time to the point that closer and closer Union simply evolves naturally and doesn't have the Cassandras constantly clearing their throats. Whether that timescale is swift enough to alleviate the continued economic suffering is another thing.

I said we were told that we were leaving the single market, and we were and we did. Do you actually believe everyone who votes digests every minute detail of a policy?

You have to catch the moment inform the public and remain did a shit job, if they'd have concentrated on facts instead of flinging shit we might not be here now.
Remain said we’d leave the single market, leave said we wouldn’t. Leave won, and then changed their minds (or told the truth).
Mind you, remain MP’s also told everyone there’d be a huge influx of non EU migrants and I don’t remember leave mentioning that once. They did mention Turkey joining the EU quite a lot though…
My biggest disappointment really is that truth was a huge casualty in that referendum and, in many ways, it still is.
If Starmer does anything, should he win, over the next 5 years, I hope he can restore a bit of trust and honesty into politics.

My biggest disappointment really is that truth was a huge casualty in that referendum and, in many ways, it still is.
If Starmer does anything, should he win, over the next 5 years, I hope he can restore a bit of trust and honesty into politics.

I really can't add to that mate, great points about honesty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.