How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 154)

Re: How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 138)

Blue Coop said:
I think 160 would be excellent from here on in - 22 from 7.

Our home fixtures are quite generous but everybody is fighting for points now.
Can't see us racking up big scores in the 3 away games (palace, liverpool and everton) but villa, wba, sunderland and west ham at home makes it possible.

Re: How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 130)

blue b4 the moon said:
Falastur said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Yeah I am aware how hard 170 goals would be that's why I posted short of 170.

My bad, I misread. Thought you meant we were going to finish one or two off it - close enough to essentially be 170 goals.

No problem bud, I'm a bit grr today got a trapped nerve causing me pain.
Trapped nerves are the worst. Keeps you awake at night like no other pain!

Re: How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 130)

The rags 1956/57 season breakdown was -

League 103, FA Cup 15, European Cup 24, Charity Shield 1.

They played 57 games in total - we'll have played exactly the same number by the end of the season so assuming we beat the record our goals per game figure will be better.

That Barca record of 158 looks tantalisingly close but probably too much to ask.

I think it'll be close to 160... I could see us putting a load past West Ham last game of the season,

dan05delaney said:
I think it'll be close to 160... I could see us putting a load past West Ham last game of the season,
Just like we were goin' to do against QPR?

Hoghead said:
dan05delaney said:
Don't think we'll have such an obvious case of bad nerves this time round mate, we should manage more than 3 ;)

Hoghead said:
dan05delaney said:

Hopefully the title will be sewn up by then, the lads can enjoy the day, and do what they do best.

If we can score 3 goals per game until the end of the season, we will break Chelsea's record of 103 goals in a season.

But I think we will break the record set by the Busby babes in the next two or three games.

The current total goals scored in all comps is 136 ( not 138 ) and therefor the number required to set a new record is 8 goals which should easily be reached. The record for just Premier League games is 103 held by Chelsea. This would be very hard to beat as we would need 20 in just 7 games but it is possible of course.

POYNTON BLUE LEADER said:
The current total goals scored in all comps is 136 ( not 138 ) and therefor the number required to set a new record is 8 goals which should easily be reached. The record for just Premier League games is 103 held by Chelsea. This would be very hard to beat as we would need 20 in just 7 games but it is possible of course.

League 84 to date
League Cup 22
Champions League 19
FA Cup 13

Total 138

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.