How many Years ?!!

I love it that there are so many old buggers on here,we shared a long journey together and now it was all worth it,i still have ny fingers crossed until we are 5 nil up in extra time but i wouldn't change that habit for the world
14 more points to safety but only 28 games to get them in!
That's the way most of us FOC's still look at it.

I started going with my Dad when City were in the 2nd division in the 1960s. All my friends at school supported United who were in the first division, but I felt special (in a good way) for supporting City and I loved the sky blue. I had the City subbuteo team. One match we were in the main stand, United weren't playing that day, and sitting in the row in front of us was George Best. I got his autograph and was very pleased with myself! Sorry.
I can't remember individual games apart from going to Old Trafford for the 3-1 in the league-winning season (a turning point) and going to St James Park for the last game of that season. Also we went to Wembley in 1969 thanks to tickets from Francis Lee who supplied toilet paper to my Dad's factory. When Rodney Marsh joined I was thrilled that we had our version of George Best. My favourite player was Colin Bell and I had a football rattle that I painted white and sky blue and wrote the names of all the players on.
It was sad leaving Maine Road but a stand out memory is the final derby game there. The atmosphere was amazing and Neville fed The Goat. I think my biggest disappointment at Maine Road was the one home game in the European Cup where we were poor, after Malcolm Allison promised we would terrorise Europe. Another memory is all those steps walking up into the Kippax - for a boy, they seemed to go on forever.
So many blurred memories, but nothing to compare with what we are experiencing now. It's fantastic.

Some twat at work one-day heard my aguerooooo ring tone and said...

Oh another glory hunter.
I said fuck off I've had a season ticket since I was 6.
I'm 41 now.

Just moved to Pickering North Yorks and already upset the locals in the only bar that has sky. 1967 city v Newcastle so most will know its been a roller coaster being a blue. 59 this year loved every minute of being a blue.

Since I was about 4yrs old, I'm 45 now. My Dad is a rag as well.
My Nana remarried a man who worked the turnstiles alternate Saturdays at Maine Rd and the swamp.
Only at Maine Rd after he tallied up the gate money would we watch the second half as he was a blue. At the swamp we would leave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.