How Much Did The 35 Years Thing Wind You Up?

I used to enjoy singing 35 years and were still here, knew it got to them more than their banner got to us, because nothing they could throw at us would change our love for our club, yet they know a baron run of trophyless seasons and the plastics will flee.

It killed me... Trudging away from Old Scaffold in the second leg was a low point of disappointment - maybe the worst I'd felt for a long time.

I think it first started with 18 years and won fuck all at a derby at Maine Rd (RIP) 2-0 up and lost 3-2

Actually made us stronger characters especially if you' re my age and did the full 35

Regardless now milking it big time and mocking them, course we're just looking after it for you!!!! and we know its only on loan etc etc................laffin my tits off, tattoo is booked for July 7th trophy, Champions of England

18 years when it started wound me up. The fact the banner had room for 3 figures in case it went that long, I thought was funny.
But overall THEIR obsession was crappy. Reclaiming it with "and we're still here" was absolute class... as we've done with "this is how it feels" and our continuation of "we never win at"

We remain far and away head and shoulders above these mugs, no matter what good or bad the future holds. City Class is Permanent

The banner was mildly amusing when first unveiled but it never really bothered me at all. By displaying it in the swamp it clearly showed that they were obsessed by little old Citeh. It was great that we could turn their dig at us back on them by declaring our loyalty to our club that had little or no chance of winning anything until HRH arrived.
As each year went by they just didn't understand that the 33, 34, 35 year taunt didn't hurt us cos as we reminded them "and we're still here". They used to laugh each year at their catchy ditty that went with their banner....it was like a comedian constantly repeating a poor joke and I didn't understand why they would do that but instead try to hit us with some new material. Thankfully we weren't dealing with Manc's but a load of day trippers and glory seekers who made it easy for us to rip into nited.
For my money the Tevez poster wound them up more than their crappy banner ever wound me up. If I was HRH I'd embark on a similar branding campaign all over our City. You'd then hear all the rags talking about class but where was their class with their banner.
I remember the chant about " City's going down like a Russian submarine" linking one of our relegations (and we're still here) with the loss of a Russian ship that resulted in the tragic loss of about 80 young sailors. Given the tragedy their own team suffered in 58 you'd think they wouldn't have gone there with that chant. Double standards again from nited supporters.
They are complete knobs and they couldn't wind me up during the last 35 years but just two little trophies for us and they've all disappeared.
Poor poor show nited.

They had a banner in the ground about us, and how many years.

That in itself was enough to show, how obsessed with us they really were.

Whenever they mentioned '35 years', i said yeah i know i've seen the banner in your ground.

After that, they kind of realised what i was getting at and didn't say anything after that.

The sign didn't bug me that much while it was actually up. But I've only been a fan for about seven years. Ironically, it totally bugged me afterward when I realized just how petty and in poor taste it was. I don't see how they the Scum can be upset over Tevez's sign when they have pulled shit like that!

It didn't wind me up because the banner, in fact I used to smile at it and them. They won everything in sight yet they were still obsessed with us.

It did annoy me that my team hadn't won owt but in truth we hadn't deserved anything. Untill these owners came in we were a shambles .

Personally, found it amusing. Showed how much we actually meant to them and how full of shit they are. Playing Barcelona in the champ league final with the first five minutes being songs about little 'citeh', obsessed cunts everyone of them.

They didn't understand or comprehend what it was like to be a city fan, we do and its something that's in your blood, the choose to be scum and are sheep. City fans are unique, they don't get that, through the dark days we'd cheer sing and dance when we were losing and did the same when winning.

And deep down they hated us for it, we will always be a class above them and they will never take that away from us.

CHAMPIONS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.