How to bulk up?

ban-mcfc said:
what about cereals to lose weight?

currently i'm filling myself up on weetabix and kellogs cheaper version of muesli.

i'm shit at this sort of thing.

Not brilliant mate as they are very Carb heavy,which,put simply,equals a large insulin response which means unless those carbs are used as energy or to replace glycogen lost through exertion then they will be converted to fat.

I live by the theory that carbs equal energy and so unless there is an energy requirement i stay away from,or,at least,limit them.

At other times base your meals on lean meats,oily fish,eggs,veg(greens) and occasionally fruits/berries.

Tapering down your meals is also an excellent and very efficient method of staying lean.
Eat the majority of your carb heavy meals earlier in the day and gradually taper towards lighter protein/fat and fibrous veg meals towards the end.The exception being a training day,if so,eat the carb meals at breakfast,before and after your workout.

A sample day may be

Porridge or muesli and berries/fruit and a protein shake

Chicken in whole meal pitta

Small handful almonds or walnuts

Fish/lean meat stirfry(lots of veg)

Boiled egg/tin of mackerel or protein shake

so im just gonna post my last 2 days diet to see if people think im going along the right lines to bulk up.
full training is in place now...
i ate on sun......cottage cheese and bacon on toast, 2 egg whites on wholemeal bread, pasta and chicken for lunch, a banana, a chicken butty, half a bag of nuts, jacket spud cheese and beans, boiled egg on toast and a bar of chocolate
today...boiled egg on toast, an orange, 2x chicken buttys, 2 boiled eggs, a banana...going to the gym in a minute, then having salmon and jacket spud with broccoli for tea and will probablly have cottage cheese on toast later.
ive ordered some protein shakes, im going to use them before the gym starting next week as it suits my schedule.(and possibly before bed instead of egg/cottage cheese/tuna on toast. and i did post what ive eaten since wed on my earlier posts.........

jacko8684 said:
so im just gonna post my last 2 days diet to see if people think im going along the right lines to bulk up.
full training is in place now...
i ate on sun......cottage cheese and bacon on toast, 2 egg whites on wholemeal bread, pasta and chicken for lunch, a banana, a chicken butty, half a bag of nuts, jacket spud cheese and beans, boiled egg on toast and a bar of chocolate
today...boiled egg on toast, an orange, 2x chicken buttys, 2 boiled eggs, a banana...going to the gym in a minute, then having salmon and jacket spud with broccoli for tea and will probablly have cottage cheese on toast later.
ive ordered some protein shakes, im going to use them before the gym starting next week as it suits my schedule.(and possibly before bed instead of egg/cottage cheese/tuna on toast. and i did post what ive eaten since wed on my earlier posts.........

Not bad good effort but I see you have had chocolate on the first day as well as bacon which is naturally high in salt. Try turkey instead or even a lean steak (I know can be pricy for some) but that would be better for you. You have to wean yourself off the chocolate there is no point doing it half assed as the results willl not appear. Many people fall into the trap of believing because they are now working out they can no drink and eat more junk and its fine, its not. Also I see you have not been having veg which is also important. When you have the shake try have them after your work out and before bed. Keep us posted and good luck I will help as much as I can.

eat more, your metabolism wont be that crazy.

you need to eat more so your stomach gets bigger, then you will be able to eat loads. Once you line your muscles with protien you will be good to go<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:14 pm --<br /><br />important to get good sleep and keep your mental health good aswell

didactic said:
JamesMCFC said:
No particular reason but I have reading up on them and they are supposedly good for keep the lean muscle you have and can prevent DOMS. I was just wondering if you have used them before.

No never I just keep my drinking to a minimum and eat clean food except on my cheat days. Never had a problem retaining the muscle. I always avoided things like that because I dont want my body getting used to them.
You don't want your body getting used to Amino Acids? Good luck living.

ono said:

No I did not want my body getting used to the "extra help". I just dont trust some of these supplements so I dont touch them.

ono said:
didactic said:
ono said:

No I did not want my body getting used to the "extra help". I just dont trust some of these supplements so I dont touch them.
You don't trust amino acids?

May explain some of his jibberish in other threads, he isn't actually a recognised protein-based life form.

ono said:
didactic said:
ono said:

You don't trust amino acids?

I stay clear of all supplements regardless of what they contain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.