How to bulk up?

CTID101 said:
Hi fellas,

Filmed my deadlift again today. Anyone mind having a look.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6</a>

Sorry for the sound. Kiss 100 in the background!

Just watched this mate. Looks good, only thing I would suggest is when you stand up lean back slightly and push your chest out. This will bring in your upper and lower back.

Good work.

FantasyIreland said:
sergiokun said:
Going to buy L Arginine tomorrow has anyone used this before?? I got recommended it by a friend

Why do you think you need it?

Still trying to bulk up and was told this will help me out. Still having my protein shakes on my work out days

IME it will do nothing to help you bulk - arginine is a vasodilator,it will allow a greater blood flow to the muscles/peripheries and give a nice little 'temporary' pump and vascularity(if your body fat level allows).

The only natural supp I would recommend for development is creatine.

Save your cash and buy quality food - eggs,beef,chicken,fish etc.

Protein is equally,if not more,important on your rest days as this is when your body is recovering and growing - it obviously needs feeding to do so.

So,if your not getting adequate amounts from food,dont restrict those shakes to training days!

FantasyIreland said:
IME it will do nothing to help you bulk - arginine is a vasodilator,it will allow a greater blood flow to the muscles/peripheries and give a nice little 'temporary' pump and vascularity(if your body fat level allows).

The only natural supp I would recommend for development is creatine.

Save your cash and buy quality food - eggs,beef,chicken,fish etc.

Protein is equally,if not more,important on your rest days as this is when your body is recovering and growing - it obviously needs feeding to do so.

So,if your not getting adequate amounts from food,dont restrict those shakes to training days!

Cheers FI appreciate the info

I am running low on my protein shakes and I use Whey powder, is that OK?? or shall I buy some creatine?

I will start having a few shakes even on the days I don't work out.

A good blend powder is best for your needs as it can also be used as a meal replacement with some cereal/fruit or nuts etc.

Like said though,try and eat as much 'real' food as possible before turning to shakes.

Definitely try creatine,just a basic monohydrate variety will do the trick.

I will send you a pm of the bulk supply company I use if you wish?

-- Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 pm --

FantasyIreland said:
A good blend powder is best for your needs as it can also be used as a meal replacement with some cereal/fruit or nuts etc.

Like said though,try and eat as much 'real' food as possible before turning to shakes.

Definitely try creatine,just a basic monohydrate variety will do the trick.

I will send you a pm of the bulk supply company I use if you wish?

Yeah will keep trying to get loads of good foods inside me and then top it up with shakes. Yes please PM me will order some tomorrow

Also I only have a weight bench and dumbbells at home. I do squats, press ups and sit up also but don't do anything else

Sergio,if youre serious about growing,you need to find a good gym mate,either that or get yourself some serious home eqpt.

You need to be training heavy,and safely......with the 'big lifts',you cant do that with just a bench and dumbells.

chris85mcfc said:
CTID101 said:
Hi fellas,

Filmed my deadlift again today. Anyone mind having a look.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6</a>

Sorry for the sound. Kiss 100 in the background!

Just watched this mate. Looks good, only thing I would suggest is when you stand up lean back slightly and push your chest out. This will bring in your upper and lower back.

Good work.
Cheers mate. I had noticed a few people doing that when watching YouTube videos. Will start doing it myself!

This week's workout so far;
Workout B:
30kg + bar squat
20kg + bar military press
22.5kg dB one arm row
2km Bike

Workout A.
30kg + bar squat
50kg Machine Press
60kg + bar Deadlift
58kg lat pull down x 3 wide grip

Workout B
Later today!
I have no access to a squat rack so literally I am lifting it up as though it was a miltary press and lowering it down behind me. Hence the low weight because I then have to be able to lift it up and back over my head to put it down.

I am convinced that with a squat rack I could squat more!

I move to uni next week and have signed up to the gym there which looks a different class so will finally have access to more equipment.

Have been really working on my diet as well, had no bread apart from on Monday. Had only a small amount of salad cheese with my salads throughout the week.

Have been having chicken salad, mackrel salad, chicken with peppers and pasta and so on.

Dinner. Much of the same. Lots of fresh chicken in tomato sauces with peppers and other veg etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.