How to bulk up?

Anyone know how I can bulk up and lose body fat at the same time. Im already 16% I would rather be able to cut that down while bulking or is that just a pipe dream

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Anyone know how I can bulk up and lose body fat at the same time. Im already 16% I would rather be able to cut that down while bulking or is that just a pipe dream
focus on one at a time mate, you end up doing neither by attempting both.
you'll look better the leaner you get anyway imo, so do that first and try to keep your bulk clean when you're done cutting.

CTID101 said:
chris85mcfc said:
CTID101 said:
Hi fellas,

Filmed my deadlift again today. Anyone mind having a look.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6</a>

Sorry for the sound. Kiss 100 in the background!

Just watched this mate. Looks good, only thing I would suggest is when you stand up lean back slightly and push your chest out. This will bring in your upper and lower back.

Good work.
Cheers mate. I had noticed a few people doing that when watching YouTube videos. Will start doing it myself!

This week's workout so far;
Workout B:
30kg + bar squat
20kg + bar military press
22.5kg dB one arm row
2km Bike

Workout A.
30kg + bar squat
50kg Machine Press
60kg + bar Deadlift
58kg lat pull down x 3 wide grip

Workout B
Later today!
I have no access to a squat rack so literally I am lifting it up as though it was a miltary press and lowering it down behind me. Hence the low weight because I then have to be able to lift it up and back over my head to put it down.

I am convinced that with a squat rack I could squat more!

I move to uni next week and have signed up to the gym there which looks a different class so will finally have access to more equipment.

Have been really working on my diet as well, had no bread apart from on Monday. Had only a small amount of salad cheese with my salads throughout the week.

Have been having chicken salad, mackrel salad, chicken with peppers and pasta and so on.

Dinner. Much of the same. Lots of fresh chicken in tomato sauces with peppers and other veg etc.

Why don't you do dumbbell squats?

CTID101 said:
I have no access to a squat rack so literally I am lifting it up as though it was a miltary press and lowering it down behind me. Hence the low weight because I then have to be able to lift it up and back over my head to put it down.

Try front squats as an add-on/replacement?

So I am finally at uni and went round the gym today and it is pretty damn impressive. May have been nonsense but the fellas who work in there claimed they have the best equipment you can buy.

Anyway.

I can now do proper workouts with the correct equipment and now I am on my own I am doing all my own cooking etc so I am now going to start doing this properly!

So, would people still recommend sticking with the 5 x 5? and mixing in some cardio (I enjoy it!)

Also regarding food, I am a student so don't have mountains to spend so what would people recommend I eat/stock up on to eat to help me stay healthy and fuel the workouts!

Cheers lads.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

You can body recomp - not in any way speaking from experience, but it's apparently possible with clever diet manipulation and fasting. In fact if I can find it, I'll drop you a PM, have a pdf that could help.

Slowly getting my weight and lifts back up after way too long out. Really looking forward to my winter bulk. Though trying not to leave myself too much to do come next spring!

CTID101 said:
So I am finally at uni and went round the gym today and it is pretty damn impressive. May have been nonsense but the fellas who work in there claimed they have the best equipment you can buy.

Anyway.

I can now do proper workouts with the correct equipment and now I am on my own I am doing all my own cooking etc so I am now going to start doing this properly!

So, would people still recommend sticking with the 5 x 5? and mixing in some cardio (I enjoy it!)

Also regarding food, I am a student so don't have mountains to spend so what would people recommend I eat/stock up on to eat to help me stay healthy and fuel the workouts!

Cheers lads.

Tuna, sweet potatos, big bags of brown rice, whey protein are going to be some of your cheapest sources of bulking food, but you should always try and get a good mix of quality foods. You may have to sacrifice other things, booze is the usual student money pit, but depends how seriously you want to take it really!

No reason not to stick to 5x5 if you're enjoying it and making progress. Maybe do a full 12 weeks or so, take a week or two off, try something else. There's endless systems and programs for different goals, but they all revolve around lifting heavy shit in different ways, whether it's weights or yourself.

Cheers for that mate. Will get that food in this week.

Yeh, I have budgeted for alcohol but luckily have a multi-millionaire in my flat who loves giving out drinks!

Will stick to the 5 x 5 and as you say for a proper 12 week course and go from there!

With regards to whey protein, is it just Impact Whey Protein or?

Cheers.

adrianr said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

You can body recomp - not in any way speaking from experience, but it's apparently possible with clever diet manipulation and fasting. In fact if I can find it, I'll drop you a PM, have a pdf that could help.

Slowly getting my weight and lifts back up after way too long out. Really looking forward to my winter bulk. Though trying not to leave myself too much to do come next spring!

Sounds interesting, im quite good with my eating once im in to it. Had major IT band and glute problems lately which have severely cut my running down and flexibility when lifting. Thought my knee was going to explode on warm up the other day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.