How to bulk up?

CTID101 said:
Cheers for that mate. Will get that food in this week.

Yeh, I have budgeted for alcohol but luckily have a multi-millionaire in my flat who loves giving out drinks!

Will stick to the 5 x 5 and as you say for a proper 12 week course and go from there!

With regards to whey protein, is it just Impact Whey Protein or?

Cheers.

Christ that sounds handy! Could save you thousands that bloke ;)

I use Impact Whey from my protein, but any you like the taste of really. I can't stand the unflavoured stuff but my mate swears by it, each to his own. Add some instant oats in as well, super cheap carb source you can put in your shake to get your calories up. Other things to consider buying, bag of flaxseed, extra Virgin olive oil, coconut oil, creatine, dextrose (for immediate post workout).

Also remember you eat your greens!

You don't need to go mental, but variety will help you stick with it :) I find hitting my protein targets every day a pain in the ass without shakes and tuna. Would just be far too expensive to do it with steak and chicken.

adrianr said:
CTID101 said:

Yeh, I have budgeted for alcohol but luckily have a multi-millionaire in my flat who loves giving out drinks!

Will stick to the 5 x 5 and as you say for a proper 12 week course and go from there!

Cheers.

I use Impact Whey from my protein, but any you like the taste of really. I can't stand the unflavoured stuff but my mate swears by it, each to his own. Add some instant oats in as well, super cheap carb source you can put in your shake to get your calories up. Other things to consider buying, bag of flaxseed, extra Virgin olive oil, coconut oil, creatine, dextrose (for immediate post workout).

You don't need to go mental, but variety will help you stick with it :) I find hitting my protein targets every day a pain in the ass without shakes and tuna. Would just be far too expensive to do it with steak and chicken.

Good advice,other than the dextrose..... IME,its nutrionally empty and simply encourages fat storage,simply eat a decent balanced meal within an hour after training and you will look much better for it.

Rather than whey,get yourself a 'blend' - much more flexible and useful.
And don't forget those eggs!

FantasyIreland said:
adrianr said:
CTID101 said:

Cheers.

Good advice,other than the dextrose..... IME,its nutrionally empty and simply encourages fat storage,simply eat a decent balanced meal within an hour after training and you will look much better for it.

Rather than whey,get yourself a 'blend' - much more flexible and useful.
And don't forget those eggs!

I've definitely heard both sides of this. I've found dextrose returns me to a more 'normal' state quicker, so I can go about with my day, but I'm running out of my supply so maybe I'll just go the meal route instead. I've never actually tried a meal, it's always been a shake of some description.

How could I forget Eggs!? Well, I hate them, so that's probably why. Great shout if you like them though.

How come you find the blends more flexible FI? I would have thought the opposite true. If I need a protein shake with no carbs, I can drop the oats, or maybe I drop the creatine for a bit, or change the ratios etc. Or do you just mean protein blends of whey/casein etc?

Yep Adrian,protein blends(soy/whey/casein/egg white etc....) none of those sugary carb monstrosities!

As you suggest,if an energy source is required simply add your own to the shake,be it an EFA(good fat) or a carb.

Cheers for all the advice guys.

By blend do you mean protein powder and oats or something else?

I think I will leave the creatine and dextrose for now just until I get into the swing of things properly.

A powder consisting of different protein only sources is known as a blend.

EG. Reflex peptide fusion.

MP also do an equivalent.

Cheers FI. What is the equivalent on My Protein?

The ones on this list? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.myprotein.com/our-range/protein/multi-source-protein.list?sortOrder=price&sortReverse=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myprotein.com/our-range/prot ... erse=false</a>

Cheers.

Only one guaranteed way to bulk

4377531687_c80e82cb16_o.jpg

CTID101 said:

The ones on this list? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.myprotein.com/our-range/protein/multi-source-protein.list?sortOrder=price&sortReverse=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myprotein.com/our-range/prot ... erse=false</a>

Cheers.

Total Protein I believe its called.

However,can I recommend a site I use?

FantasyIreland said:
CTID101 said:

Cheers.

Total Protein I believe its called.

However,can I recommend a site I use?

No you bloody well cannot.

Go on then..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.