How to bulk up?

Alright Fellas?

Trying to work on my legs are they are on the slim side. Not after huge or anything, just a bit more shape. I`m not a member of a gym as it isnt practical where I am so I workout at home.

I have a bench and free weights. My problem is doing squats. I don't have a rack so its a matter of picking the bar up and over onto my shoulders. I don't have a spotter so I cant go that heavy for my legs as I cant lift it over my head when I`m knackered. I'm already leaving the bar on my shoulders inbetween sets. I`m managing to do 4 sets of about 18 reps. I feel I need to go heavier as my muscle doesnt seem to pump up or burn that much. I could be doing something wrong? I've also only been lifting a few months so do I just give it more time?

Any alternatives to the squat? I do leg extensions/curls and also deadlifts. Thought about lunges but would that be enough weight? Cheers

Try looking at Pistol Squats, I don't do them myself, but I know a lot of the calisthenics types swear by them.

Of all the fucking times, my shoulder has gone again.

I can't stop training so its bite the bullet, 2 painkillers and put up with it for now. I'm gona have to get a few sports massages booked in

ive been doing gym to bulk up for a month or so now , anyway - ive started drinking protein shake ( High Performanc Creatine , Fruit Punch ) and im really struggling drinking it, it tastes a bit like bubble gum, my belly just feels a bit sicky after

is it really worth drinking this stuff ? will i get used to the taste ?

AntonDonJuan said:
Of all the fucking times, my shoulder has gone again.

I can't stop training so its bite the bullet, 2 painkillers and put up with it for now. I'm gona have to get a few sports massages booked in

Anton,i'm going to be blunt - don't be a nob....!

I tried the 'train through it' route and ended up having a operation that kept me from training for near 12 months - for the sake of 4/6 weeks rest and rehab,it aint worth the risk of chronic damage.

If you choose to ignore me,then at least stop all pushing/overhead movements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.