How would you assess Rodri's season?

Overall a good season considering he’s only 24 years old and came from an ultra defensive team and manager to the complete opposite end of the spectrum. On top of that he has had revolving door of defenders play behind him this season, even he himself played CB.

When he has had energy and work rate in front of him he has played well. Please Pep no more lineups with both Rodri and Gundogan.

With a more settled back 4 behind him and some energy in front, he’ll shine.

This is what worries me. What if he looked as good as he did, because he was in an ultra-defensive team? What if being in a team that sits deep and asks nothing of a CDM other than to close the spaces, win the ball, pass sideways and rinse, repeat fits his skillset perfectly?

I can't help think about the fact that Jorginho was Peps 1st choice for that position and he has really struggled in the Prem. There's no guarantees that Peps next choice will fair any better.

Are you not bored of constantly slagging Rodri, seen you across the whole forum now.

Neither of those teams would buy Rodri because he doesn't fit into their team. Surely with all your footballing wisdom you can see that?

They wouldn't buy him because he's shit.

He doesn't fit into our team either.

Record fee midfield players should be absolutely outstanding, able to run games and able to provide game winning moments consistently.

Toure, De Bruyne, Silva levels of ability.

This lad is absolutely nowhere near.

If we were to transfer list him today do you think Europe's top clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him?

Would they fuck and that says it all.

Do you think other teams see him on the team sheet and think "that's us fucked today"?

Struggled a bit, but then so have we, relatively speaking.
Dare say he would have fared a hell of a lot better in a settled system, in front of a consistent central defensive partnership.

They wouldn't buy him because he's shit.

He doesn't fit into our team either.

Record fee midfield players should be absolutely outstanding, able to run games and able to provide game winning moments consistently.

Toure, De Bruyne, Silva levels of ability.

This lad is absolutely nowhere near.

If we were to transfer list him today do you think Europe's top clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him?

Would they fuck and that says it all.

Do you think other teams see him on the team sheet and think "that's us fucked today"?
Maybe you just had huge expectations but I knew what Rodri was before we bought him so perhaps thats why my expectations are adjusted.

You might want to look around Europe and some of the fees that midfielders go for and they definitely don't all "run games and provide game winning moments"

I reckon we have one player in our squad that teams fear and thats KDB. Probably only 3 players in world football are feared by everyone; KDB, Mbappe and Messi.

Maybe you just had huge expectations but I knew what Rodri was before we bought him so perhaps thats why my expectations are adjusted.

You might want to look around Europe and some of the fees that midfielders go for and they definitely don't all "run games and provide game winning moments"

I reckon we have one player in our squad that teams fear and thats KDB. Probably only 3 players in world football are feared by everyone; KDB, Mbappe and Messi.

So you knew what we were getting?

What were we getting?

He had some cracking games this season for us. I just don't think the Rodri and Gundogan partnership works, I think he would be good with legs around him Kevin De Bruyne and Bernardo in midfield alongside him and he'll be fine. I think the lad will come good, We're all after been watching one of the best holding midfielders we have seen for years with Fernandinho so obviously anybody else trying to fill his boots is going to seem like a step down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.