How would you rate our transfer window?

9/10 as far as the overall squad is concerned, best squad in the prem.....

As far as transfer business goes....average! (6/1.

As far as transfer business goes....average! (6/10)

Identified but didnt fill biggest need even tho the club knew they dont have specific players to cover.

Mahrez great player in terms of talent and excellent price but it doesnt fill our biggest need. Squad is strong and we'll be fine but impossible to say window was a complete success when you spend all summer trying to fill biggest need but fail.

Hoping we have a plan for Jan window...

Fuck me, he's wishing January on us already. Do you remember the days when Alphonse Groenendijk was the only summer signing ?

Put it this way if City bought £50m of good players, and our rivals bought £200m of good players, we'd be happy to have signed our players but be worried that they have improved relative to us. That is the purpose of a transfer window to improve your side and that is benchmarked by the 'market'

Are you looking for the weak points in an argument so you can stick your oar in? Stir it a little?
Adding only one player to an already excellent squad is low risk. Adding several and expecting all to be immediately improving their challenge, especially when having a huge chasm to close to start with does not mean they will, hence my comment to your post. As for your dig, I cannot help you and your insecurities

As far as transfer business goes....average! (6/10)

Identified but didnt fill biggest need even tho the club knew they dont have specific players to cover.

Mahrez great player in terms of talent and excellent price but it doesnt fill our biggest need. Squad is strong and we'll be fine but impossible to say window was a complete success when you spend all summer trying to fill biggest need but fail.

Hoping we have a plan for Jan window...
So do I as that might put a stop to your incessant whining about the DM role

8.83/10

Mendy will be like a new signing.
Mahrez looks quality from the preseason and willing to get in.
Fernandinho still has at least a season in him.
Jesus extended his contract.

Would have liked to see competition for Bravo or a new 2nd keeper without breaking the bank, because this season I can see opposition put more physical pressure on Ederson.

7/10

I expected us to make two ‘high profile’ signings but we only managed one. However, we offloaded Hart, Maffeo, Gunn and Angelino for decent fees, and I believe Mahrez will prove to be one of the signings of the season.

Just Mahrez isn’t enough. He’s hardly young and the world revolved around him at Leicester. Not happening at City.

5/10 for the incomings (only landed half the targets)
6/10 for the outgoings (expected us to get Mangala, Denayer, and Roberts off the books)

Only concern is that If it takes us two to three windows to land a seasoned target (e.g. Sanchez/Mahrez), then how much harder will it be when it comes to replacing players such as Aguero/Kompany/Silva in the coming years? Of course, some of their replacements are arguably already at the club, but if it does take longer now to land the ‘bigger fish’, then we need to factor that in when planning ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.