How would you say you are coping mentally?

Good grief do not take this sitting down, fight this injustice all the way. Make sure your workplace is actually safe to return back to and that they observe strict separation protocols. Your doing your best just to get yourself through this dreadful ordeal and then out of the blue they have the audacity and insensitivity to summon you on back. As well as having a legal duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure the safety of employees in the workplace, your business also has a duty to ensure that the way work does not have a negative impact on the safety and health of others. I would advise that you utilize goverment safety warnings as an absolute minimum indicator for your prospective return as they are a little unsure themselves at the moment. As an illness that could make employees or others that your business interacts with sick it's a real risk that needs consideration in terms of how it can be eliminated or controlled within the workplace. Health and safety risks require much assessment (under Regulation 3 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) and need to be recorded if the business has more than five employees. Stay safe our kid and fingers crossed for June.

I've got the union on it ;)

Good grief do not take this sitting down, fight this injustice all the way. Make sure your workplace is actually safe to return back to and that they observe strict separation protocols. Your doing your best just to get yourself through this dreadful ordeal and then out of the blue they have the audacity and insensitivity to summon you on back. As well as having a legal duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure the safety of employees in the workplace, your business also has a duty to ensure that the way work does not have a negative impact on the safety and health of others. I would advise that you utilize goverment safety warnings as an absolute minimum indicator for your prospective return as they are a little unsure themselves at the moment. As an illness that could make employees or others that your business interacts with sick it's a real risk that needs consideration in terms of how it can be eliminated or controlled within the workplace. Health and safety risks require much assessment (under Regulation 3 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) and need to be recorded if the business has more than five employees. Stay safe our kid and fingers crossed for June.

Joking aside tho, around 4k people work at our site, loads in cramped offices, big production lines all being fed by sub cells, by the time one of our end products reaches the end, over 1000 people will have put their grubby paws on it. Half a dozen at a time every 12 minutes. All the time assembling something touched by a dozen people prior. They say they are putting measures in place. Brew areas are crammed, smoke shelters the same. No way social distancing can be observed. The turnstiles where you have to swipe in with a security pass and push through are metal, the one near the main carpark will be used by a couple of thousand people in the space of a couple hours.

Sobbing again reading about the marie curie nurse who spent 40 yrs holding the hands of dying patients has had to die with none of her relatives allowed to be with her

Fucking hell

Made the decision today to go up my depression and anxiety meds,i never take this decision lightly because of the side effects and the difficulty of getting down the dose again,i can't see any other option,i am falling apart at the seams

I really dislike the bit every day when you wake up and feel normal for half a second and then remember everything and all the crap comes flooding back. I really miss waking up and not being shit scared of the world.

mentally yesterday I was down,couldnt be arsed going into the garden and getting stuck in,today I pulled my socks up and got stuck in,just finished and can see progress,(although that fucking stump has left me not being able to feel my arms)haha( that sounds like a marathon wank)anyway done for the day ,just got to drop something off at our kids house,sat here pie barmcake with brown sauce ,fucking buzzing :)

Fearing the end of the lockdown if i'm being honest. Not looking forward to waking up every day and wondering if my parents have any symptoms after they've been to work. Going to be absolute agony learning how to live in constant fear. Dunno if I'll manage tbh. I've felt a bit of security recently mentally knowing they're at home at least.

And yep, I know others are already going through this every day anyway. I feel for em.

Fearing the end of the lockdown if i'm being honest. Not looking forward to waking up every day and wondering if my parents have any symptoms after they've been to work. Going to be absolute agony learning how to live in constant fear. Dunno if I'll manage tbh. I've felt a bit of security recently mentally knowing they're at home at least.

And yep, I know others are already going through this every day anyway. I feel for em.
It probably doesn't help but most sensible people in the world feel the same

One day at a time

Mad innit. Crying, working on my mental health. Staying at home. Wasting time. Trying to relax and forget. Getting wound up and getting better at ignoring it or defusing it. My fucking upstairs neighbour needs shooting tho, wakes up at 1 oclock and starts banging around, pretty sure he's ranting and raving, or maybe he just has Talksport on all night ;). Long way to go for me. Long, long way to go.

Stay in it for the long term. Take the sights and sounds of summer from your window or your walk and feel them. Remember we're squabbling now, but it will all be resolved in the end. Oof, what a lie. We'll die squabbling. Nothing ever gets resolved. But nothing is forever. The worst will pass.. I hope we will retain the power to suprise each other through supporting, listening, and using sympathy rather than anger, remembering that challenging our own points of view is hardly the worst thing in the world.

On a day like today, in the garden overlooking the Cheshire countryside, sunbathing with a beer, I'm coping really well
We should take more from the positives about this than we do the negatives.

I’m saving money on the morning and evening commute, I’m getting up naturally with no alarm, I’m getting time to exercise much more often, I’m getting time to cook proper healthy food, I’m getting time to relax, to sunbathe, the flat is always clean and tidy, I have no work stress at all...

This is a dire situation, but we have to take the positives from it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.