How would you say you are coping mentally?

I’m the same, like my garden and a 10 minute walk into Wilmslow, I’m sure people have it much worse.
The people of Wilmslow for a start, with you cutting about like a potentially infected stranger, causing curtains to ripple and twitch by themselves. I bet theres stories bout you in the local rag, The Wilmslow Courier. Have you seen this man? Type of thing, page two, just above the story about Mrs Ester Thrupp and her prize winning jam.

The people of Wilmslow for a start, with you cutting about like a potentially infected stranger, causing curtains to ripple and twitch by themselves. I bet theres stories bout you in the local rag, The Wilmslow Courier. Have you seen this man? Type of thing, page two, just above the story about Mrs Ester Thrupp and her prize winning jam.
It’s called the Wilmslow news letter, I’ve lived here off and on for about 20 years, not sure I fit in :-) spent half my life in Cumbria, my old place below, but god I’d feel isolated right now.

Attachments

• FF676CE6-65BA-43C5-83D9-4D994A58F7DC.jpeg
    FF676CE6-65BA-43C5-83D9-4D994A58F7DC.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 8
  • B4E0AC2F-C6D0-4B57-A67C-610AD69402A5.jpeg
    B4E0AC2F-C6D0-4B57-A67C-610AD69402A5.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
It’s called the Wilmslow news letter, I’ve lived here off and on for about 20 years, not sure I fit in :-) spent half my life in Cumbria, my old place below, but god I’d feel isolated right now.
looks brilliant.

Grew up up there, still miss it. I take it you were one of the many Homer Simpsons at BNFL?

You’ve got to stay positive. If you have a day that you feel a bit down just try to snap out of it, get out and get some fresh air. Don’t watch too much telly (especially news) and buy into all this depressive doom mongering we’re being fed!
Walks and talks. Knocking on neighbours' door to have a chat even if from a couple of metres along the path. Never been one to phone much in the past, but doing a lot now. Catching up with old friends more as a result.

And finding new little ways to fill the time - more moments appreciating what I do have. (Just slowly enjoying a simple sandwich).

And getting to sleep at a reasonable hour most weekdays.

Won't stop the occasional low moments - but it does help manage them.

Mixed. Wife tested positive, but son and I was negative. Odd really since we share the same house. I wonder how common is it for one person in a household to have it but the others not get it - I thought it would be a given tbh....
I mean I guess we both might still develop symptoms during this self isolation period. An odd sort of limbo at the moment. It was somehow easier to cope with when everyone was in the same boat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.