How would you say you are coping mentally?

I pretty much hibernate in winter anyway so won’t be too bad for me this. I have to drag myself to night matches from Nov-Feb usually. Hated the restrictions in Spring though. I am a 7/10 currently. Usually around 8/10. Got to 5/10 in Spring.

Mixed. Wife tested positive, but son and I was negative. Odd really since we share the same house. I wonder how common is it for one person in a household to have it but the others not get it - I thought it would be a given tbh....
I mean I guess we both might still develop symptoms during this self isolation period. An odd sort of limbo at the moment. It was somehow easier to cope with when everyone was in the same boat.
I suppose it's luck of the draw - just like a cold, sometimes it goes through the whole household, sometimes not?

I currently live in Bournemouth and apart from work I generally see no real impact of it. Rarely go in town centre and have stepped inside a pub just once since march. Rarely watch the news, and fly out to tenerife hopefully on Tuesday. My mental health is as good as it can be. I think the North is in a much more serious predicament and can't see that changing for some time.

Stuggling. In the especially vulnerable class. Normal response to mental pressure is walking but legs have gone due to arthritis. Only alcohol left as outlet, not good really.

Up and down. I'm not faced with many of the challenges that some posters on here are, or other people that are worse off. My local airport has just stopped Manchester flights for the winter but I consider myself lucky that I got in two well timed visits over the last 7 months, following rules as best as I could every time. Never even told my mates I was going home as I didn't want to go to the pub with them if I was staying in my parents home. I know that some on here haven't seen family in a long time and i've no idea how you managed, but I do admire your courage as you are certainly tougher than me.

Had a shit couple of months tbh. My elderly mum was in hospital from a fall and she's now doing ok, thankfully. My brother and myself are caring for her now but she's becoming more frail. She was mentally as strong as an ox but the doom gloom and uncertainty of covid seems to be zapping her strength.

One of my best mates is in a cancer hospice nearing the end and I can't visit due to the strict 2 visitors rule. He did manage to blag me in there a few weeks back telling them I've been his best mate 50 years since primary school. Was hard watching my mate suffering excruciating pain despite being maxed out on methadone. We speak on the phone whenever he feels like he's up for a chat. Not easy but I try and cheer him up best I can.

Rang another mate up last week to see how he was doing. Told me he's on a hospital ward with throat cancer awaiting an operation. Not heard from him since then, hope he's as well as an be.

I managed to get away for a week last month with my gf, well ex gf now. We had a massive row on second day and got through the week as civil and amicable as possible. Soon as we got back to her house she said she'd enjoyed 7 years together but felt it best we split. So we have and I'm trying to get over her best I can. Probably for the best anyway tbh, even though I'm missing her right now.

I've previously suffered depression and I know when I'm struggling to cope with things. Not easy but fortunately I'm made of strong stuff. Life is sink or swim n' all that and I'd say I'm treading water right now. I'm just hoping I've topped up on enough vitamin D from the old 'currant bun' to get through the winter, as I had SAD real bad the winter before last.

But you know what, we have to get through this life together, and we will.

I remember having a conversation a couple of years ago with my mum. Told her I was feeling a bit stressed. She said - "stress, everyone seems to be stressed nowadays. We were stressed during WW2 but we were too busy fighting the bloody Germans to realise we were stressed"!

Wise words mum. Life goes on but it's not easy right now...

Chin up blues (and resident non blues: )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.