How would you say you are coping mentally?

Not so bad actually.

I'm just off the back of a fairly major depressive episode that lasted about 6 months last year and started easing off in Jan/Feb time so I was a bit concerned but all in all, specifically regarding the solitude I'm OK. Keeping myself busy - games, music, tv, film, reading, writing - plus I prefer my own company and generally don't like being around groups of people so that definitely helps.

Work is a different matter. I'm a sales manager for a software company and sales are in the shitter atm so work is a ballache, but we can only do what we can do so I'm trying not to be overly concerned.

I’ve been terrible all year. After trips away to try and boost morale, I stopped going in to work in March citing stress. I ended up in with the doctors and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I’ve been on Citalopram anti-depressants ever since and haven’t worked either.

Everything has been getting on top of me. I’m never happy, for one. There’s nothing to do round where I live. West Ham leaving Upton Park decimated the pubs and those that survived became foodie. Nowhere showed football. We also had a court case over a party wall to contend with (we won but it was very stressful.) Add on a boring job that was too telephone heavy and I was done.

My depression and anxiety is mild but I’m not trusting myself to do anything aside from essential things until I’m better again. I thankfully get furloughed from 1st May and hope to time leaving my job from when we sell our London place. We make a profit and I move on. I’m overdue some luck.

went to B AND M this morning in the faint hope they had the decking stain i wanted,they didn't but they had a colour close so I got 2 x 2.5L tins,chuffed to bits(needed something to do) me and my daughter just finished the decking, we ended up using both tins,(supposed to be enough for two coats) and we were short by about 2 inches,pissed off,i looked at my daughter (for someone to blame :) )and her face was a picture about the work we had done and the end result ,she said"dont worry job is nearly job ,its a saying ive picked up from work(job is job),well that cheered me up.

so mentally im very happy,however tomorrow is another day,and im really missing my job and a little worried that all this bullshit could mean me losing my job

I’ve been terrible all year. After trips away to try and boost morale, I stopped going in to work in March citing stress. I ended up in with the doctors and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I’ve been on Citalopram anti-depressants ever since and haven’t worked either.

Everything has been getting on top of me. I’m never happy, for one. There’s nothing to do round where I live. West Ham leaving Upton Park decimated the pubs and those that survived became foodie. Nowhere showed football. We also had a court case over a party wall to contend with (we won but it was very stressful.) Add on a boring job that was too telephone heavy and I was done.

My depression and anxiety is mild but I’m not trusting myself to do anything aside from essential things until I’m better again. I thankfully get furloughed from 1st May and hope to time leaving my job from when we sell our London place. We make a profit and I move on. I’m overdue some luck.
sell your house and bang all the money on red or black

Having a property entirely of my own will right one hell of a lot of wrongs. I’ll be financially able to pursue a dream as I won’t need to work as many hours.

Few good days, bad last night and today I've felt quite numb and i've been in a proper slump. Just want one ray of positivity ya know? Something to hold onto. Was hoping for some really positive news re the antibody tests, but seems like they're having constant setbacks with that now and there's question marks whether u40s will be immune at all now. Seems to have hit me like a hammer that based on my mood for the past 24 hours. Guess i was hoping that'd be a game-changer.

Just feels like there's very little hope at the moment, and I know people will point to the Tom Moore stuff etc, but stuff like that doesn't really change anything. Cynic in me just gets annoyed that a member of the public has to do stuff like that to raise money for the NHS. Everyday I feel more and more annoyed at how we're handling this in our country too. I look at Germany's organisation and efficiency and then back at our approach and it fills me with rage. Feels like there's fuck all we can do too. That helplessness feeling is a shitter.

I've been loving the down time, now need to kick myself in the arse to get working again, getting behind

I went mental last night with gin then white wine, so today I'm not coping as well as I hoped. Been on the sofa for ages. The Mrs is working from home and not able,.or fucking willing, let's be honest here, to tend to my need to eat junk food or make me tea.

I had to do it myself. Don't get me wrong, I usually do as I'm not a 50's type of man, but, today I really could do with total attention, but no, her fuckng students are having problems and need help. Where's the justice?

Anyway, I've found a film on Netflix and I've only seen it 39 times, result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.