Hughes has to go...

we all knew lescott was a good defender and i think most on here was glad he came so how the fuck was hughes supposed to know he was gonna be shit for us . yes we have drew 5 games but look at it like this - 1 loss in 11 games and a game in hand which if we win we go 4th i think most on here would have loved that at the start of the season and not to mention we was robbed out of the loss so everyone stop moanin its only november if we win our next 3 games and are 3rd of 4th admit you will be all singin hughes praises so just give him time and just cos one player is not playin up to his usual standards people think think we better sub them. well if those people were our manager we wouldnt be where we are now i can say that. all them times robinho could have been subbed last season then he brought a piece of magic out the game. and we are missing robinho for that creativity so just shut up n moan about it when its the end of the season

Things not great right now, but we've had a decent start and are in a decent position to push on. But we need to start taking advantage of these oportunities we're getting to crash the top 4.

Otherwise we'll be talking a second season of underperformance and very few managers will survive that.

What a stupid thread. We're 6th and still well amongst it at the top end of the league. We've only lost once all season. Yes, we are going through a bad patch but how will things improve if we get a new manager in who'll want to make wholescale changes and then new players will need even longer to gel. Get a grip, we've had a few bad game, Hughes has got some time now till the Liverpool game to sort it out and hopefully Robinho will be fit by then but sacking the manager when we're 6th would be madness.

doesnt help himself with playing petrov right and swp left, perservering with 4 4 2 when we looked better earlier in the season playing 4 3 3. Also not much point having a big squad then not dropping or taking off players who are playing badly.

You dont spend 200 million to finish 6th or 7th, a manager should be judged on the resources he has and the postion in the table, if he doesnt sort it out soon he has had it.

Damocles said:
christen at St Marks said:
Hughes out or not I don't know all I do know is we are just shit to watch we play on the break at home, Joe Mercer would turn in his grave

Hughes Win Percentage: 47.83%
Mercer Win Percentage : 42.50%

If anybody can name a City manager that has ever won something by November, I'll give them the point.

I make it 44% excluding friendlies. Can you show how you come to 47%?

Bellamy's Caddy said:
What a stupid thread. We're 6th and still well amongst it at the top end of the league. We've only lost once all season. Yes, we are going through a bad patch but how will things improve if we get a new manager in who'll want to make wholescale changes and then new players will need even longer to gel. Get a grip, we've had a few bad game, Hughes has got some time now till the Liverpool game to sort it out and hopefully Robinho will be fit by then but sacking the manager when we're 6th would be madness.

3 draws on the trot is the equivalent of 1 win and 2 defeats, would that be acceptable? if we had played some of the top sides recently fair enough, but not to beat any of fulham,wigan,brum and burnley aint going to cut it

I honestly think Hughes is the man for the job, but I would also like to state how utterly frustrated I am today. At 3-2 up, we should never have got anything less than a win. It was my birthday today and those in blue ruined it for me - all I wanted was three points, and they couldn't deliver it. Disgusted

Again, i still haven't seen one name suggested in 4 pages since i posed the question for a replacement.

For all of those saying he needs to go, if you can't stand up and suggest viable replacements then it renders all of your previous points pretty pointless.

I take it then that you want Hughes sacked, which means Mark Bowen would go in the same sweep leaving us with no assistant. So going into a vital christmas period we would either have Glyn Hodges or Brian Kidd, both who have not managed at first team level for around 6-8 years i think. Plus, Brian Kidd has been in his position for about 5 minutes, not a smooth introduction into a football club by any stretch of the imagination.

I think that after our recent results it's time some people on here were honest with themselves, if nobody else.
These players are meant to be a few levels up from anything we have ever had, we as fans, buy into the dream, the over priced kit that is hardly ever available, the top 4 bollocks, the new dawn bollocks.
I 've tried to devise a different opinion in my head, I have been as guilty of everyone else of believing this crap, after 41 years I should know better.
It's typical City and these players and Management are a bunch of wankers.
As always the only decent things about this club are the BRILLIANT fans and the past.

We probably are falling to the expectation that we must win these games and forgetting about actually doing what is required to actually win them.

We have dropped 4 points at home when we should have closed out both games.

I would hope that next time we show more steel in the back half and do just that.

Again we are well below what we are capable of and that is the only consillation I can take from the last 5 games.

As each games comes and goes I would like to think we will get closer to what we are capable of and if not of course the manager and his support staff will be firmly in the firing line.

We should have been able to win the last two home games ugly.

You hope these defensive lapses will diminish as the side plays more football and its Hughes responsibility to ensure the side in set up to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.