Hughes has to go...

I'll say what I said before.

Yet again we fail to see a game out, if it wasnt for Shay at Portsmouth we'd have thrown that away at the death. Why not just put De Jong on for the last 10, as opposed to one of the most attacking wingers in the league (again in the wrong position). Disgraceful performances over the last 3 weeks, and yet another indication that if it wasnt for our home form last season, Hughes wouldnt even be in the job at present. World class players need world class man management, it might be a bit harsh on the bloke, but its simple. Yeah you could use the argument that Fergie hadnt won anything when he took over at United, but the game is in a different world to what it was, and its a brutal game when so much has been spent. Im not having a go at his record in the market, although each and every one of us would have signed Toure,Tevez, Given, Barry and Ade given so much money. Fair enough Bellers and Vinnie were astute signings, but they can easily be counteracted by Zabaleta, Bridge and Lescott who in all seriousness are sadly not good enough for this side whatsoever.

In a start to the season whereby admittedly a lot of teams have had bad results, but when you're looking at the table and were only 2 points over a Liverpool side which is regarded as being in its biggest crisis in half a century, then we can be understandably be unbelievably dissapointed with the last few shocking performances. Im not saying points come easy in the premiership, but our position does not tell the story of a side that is now flooded with quality, and it says a lot about the mentality of some fans that they can be "happy" with the fact were a few points over Stoke.

Its harsh, but we will not move forward with this man at the helm, hes about as inspiring as Gordon Brown.

mancmackem said:
Again, i still haven't seen one name suggested in 4 pages since i posed the question for a replacement.

For all of those saying he needs to go, if you can't stand up and suggest viable replacements then it renders all of your previous points pretty pointless.

I take it then that you want Hughes sacked, which means Mark Bowen would go in the same sweep leaving us with no assistant. So going into a vital christmas period we would either have Glyn Hodges or Brian Kidd, both who have not managed at first team level for around 6-8 years i think. Plus, Brian Kidd has been in his position for about 5 minutes, not a smooth introduction into a football club by any stretch of the imagination.

Why are you persisting with this idiotic premiss?

Of course no one here can tell you who would come as a replacement as we are not in the position to sound out managers who are currently employed both here and overseas. But if you think the richest club in the world will struggle to get a top class proven manager in you are fucking dreaming.

hilts said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
What a stupid thread. We're 6th and still well amongst it at the top end of the league. We've only lost once all season. Yes, we are going through a bad patch but how will things improve if we get a new manager in who'll want to make wholescale changes and then new players will need even longer to gel. Get a grip, we've had a few bad game, Hughes has got some time now till the Liverpool game to sort it out and hopefully Robinho will be fit by then but sacking the manager when we're 6th would be madness.

3 draws on the trot is the equivalent of 1 win and 2 defeats, would that be acceptable? if we had played some of the top sides recently fair enough, but not to beat any of fulham,wigan,brum and burnley aint going to cut it

Its 5 draws on the trot - 5pts from 15pts . That's equal to 1 win 2 draws and 3 defeats (minus another pt)

Look, I think it's too early to judge this team, we're 11 games in! 11! We're deffo not winning matches we should but we're also not losing those type of games we were last season. Our defence is obviously dodgy and our midfield just doesn't look balanced - we haven't a set system where each time a player comes in, he knows what's expected of him - this takes time, there are no short-cuts. 11 games just isn't enough.

Having said that, I do have my worries. It is hard seeing all this money being spent, getting carried away by our start and suddenly having the rug pulled from under us. I think Hughes produces functional teams, hard to beat - reducing the width of the pitch seems to back this up. But these are also the type of teams produced by Mourinho and Benitez - supposedly top managers. You've got to be careful though you don't go the other way, too many flair players with no backbone like Madrid/Arsenal - as good as they are to watch when it clicks, they don't win too many trophies - certainly in the last few years.

It's a tough one but I'm trying to be patient, if only coz we all know where constant change has led us in the past. Anyway, only one opinion matters - the Sheikh's - and something tells me he isn't interested in spending multi-millions on a football team that plays 'functional' football. Everything else these guys get involved in not only IS the best, it looks the best.

mancmackem said:
Again, i still haven't seen one name suggested in 4 pages since i posed the question for a replacement.

For all of those saying he needs to go, if you can't stand up and suggest viable replacements then it renders all of your previous points pretty pointless.

I take it then that you want Hughes sacked, which means Mark Bowen would go in the same sweep leaving us with no assistant. So going into a vital christmas period we would either have Glyn Hodges or Brian Kidd, both who have not managed at first team level for around 6-8 years i think. Plus, Brian Kidd has been in his position for about 5 minutes, not a smooth introduction into a football club by any stretch of the imagination.

not all are saying he should be sacked just that the current run of results and performances are not good enough, are you saying there isnt a manager in the whole world that isnt better than mark hughes or couldnt do a job for city? are you mad

mancmackem said:

I would get fucking shot of all Hughes merry band of Friends, Cos none are upto it..

And do you know what, it dont matter who becomes manager, because not many will be worse with the resources available.

Hughes = Useless ****.

hilts said:
mancmackem said:

not all are saying he should be sacked just that the current run of results and performances are not good enough, are you saying there isnt a manager in the whole world that isnt better than mark hughes or couldnt do a job for city? are you mad

No, i'm not mad. I'm purely asking who you would want as a replacement, in your opinion. Not too much to ask, and i don't appreciate being talked to like a complete buffoon Gelsons Dad.

You state we have the resources to get any manager in the world to improve on Hughes. A lot of posters seem to want him gone now if they say we will not improve from this moment on with him at the helm. So if this is the case, we can get any manager in the world in theory, so offer some names up for those who want him gone so badly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.