Hughes has to go...

moomba said:
mancmackem said:
Again, i still haven't seen one name suggested in 4 pages since i posed the question for a replacement.[\quote]

Mancini

Thank you moomba, that was hard work for some haha! Won titles at the top level, took to management like a duck to water it seems. Haven't got much knowledge with how he sets his teams up tactically, but an option.

This is the only reason i suggested names, to try and take the thread in another direction rather than reading the constant moaning, slaughtering, and more moaning that's been banded about in the 45 page Hughes thread page after page after page.

mancmackem said:
hilts said:
not all are saying he should be sacked just that the current run of results and performances are not good enough, are you saying there isnt a manager in the whole world that isnt better than mark hughes or couldnt do a job for city? are you mad

No, i'm not mad. I'm purely asking who you would want as a replacement, in your opinion. Not too much to ask, and i don't appreciate being talked to like a complete buffoon Gelsons Dad.

You state we have the resources to get any manager in the world to improve on Hughes. A lot of posters seem to want him gone now if they say we will not improve from this moment on with him at the helm. So if this is the case, we can get any manager in the world in theory, so offer some names up for those who want him gone so badly.

i dont think we should sack hughes but there are managers out there like mancini, roy hodgson, martin jol who could all do a job are you happy with the way we are playing, please tell me what you see in mark hughes to suggest he is a good manager, all im saying is the jury is out and the pressure will increase if the results dont improve

Usually never post but am fed up with people banging on with this postive mantra that we've only lost once all season...it doesn't fucking mean anything...Chelsea have lost more than us haven't they but it doesn't matter as they've pushed on and seized the initiative in games whereas we've looked limp and settled for the draw against Birmingham, Wigan et al. If Nugent hadn't missed that sitter against us or for Given's heroics last week we wouldn't have this stupid 'we've only lost once so it must be ok' mentality. It's a meaningless statistic based on chance outcomes...People keep referring to it like it validates all these draws... a shit points return is just that. And could people please stop going on about the fact United scored against us after the allocated extra times like that defeat doesn't count. Yes I know it was dodgy and the ref looked bent(though now I've eventually calmed down I don't believe he was) but if we could defend like a top 6 side nevermind a top 4 one we would have held on for the draw in that game. We weren't helped by the ref in that match but it wasn't the ref who didn't bother mark Owen and it wasn't the ref who though it would be a good idea for the defence to not push up and stand entrenched within the 18 yard box. Sorry for the ramblings.

P.S. Hughes out ;)

Surley these questions and opinions on Mark Hughes have been asked at the top level in the club.

The Chairman and owners are very honurable men and have provided everything MH has asked for, but most of all they are buisness men and i really don't think the owners will be happy at the moment with the direction MH is taking the club in.

Ok this is not roy of the rovers and were not going to win every game but we should have killed that game off today and what does MH do to kill the game off bring on Petrov and swap SWP to the left and Petrov to the right total school boy error tactics.

kp789 said:
Hughes can be given time , if he still doesnt deliver we need a new manager

at what point do we say enough is enough? Not a Hughes out moment but I'm getting tired of being optimistic.

moomba said:
mancmackem said:
Again, i still haven't seen one name suggested in 4 pages since i posed the question for a replacement.

Mancini
Mancini, got sacked no club seems to want him ask yourself why just because he won stuff in italy the most corrupt league in europe doesnt mean he will at city see where im goin with this?

hilts said:
i dont think we should sack hughes but there are managers out there like mancini, roy hodgson, martin jol who could all do a job are you happy with the way we are playing, please tell me what you see in mark hughes to suggest he is a good manager, all im saying is the jury is out and the pressure will increase if the results dont improve

I don't think we should sack Hughes at this point either, it will all be decided at the end of this season. I do like the way we play generally, but would like a more attacking formation against weaker teams like Burnley today. I don't see why he cannot try 2 up front rather than having strikers play off Adebayor for example. One reason is that he's trying to keep everyone happy by giving starting places to the big money guys. I think this is why a few Tevez threads have sprung up. Not popular with England fans either with Capello and his predecessors doing the same and certainly doesn't guarantee you results, especially in league football.

The jury is still out on Hughes, even for me. I wasn't happy at all after the WBA result last season, also the late Everton goal at home. We need to learn from our mistakes, that's a big teller for me in regards to progress. First test was Fulham this season as the past 2 seasons we have let them back into the game with disastrous consequences. This season? Same again! So i'm not convinced either but he needs until the end of the season to see if his team starts to gel and he has the balls to drop big money, out of form players (e.g. Lescott).

Shit defending = shit results.

Nothing to do with the manager. It's induvidual errors and it's time for Lescott to be dropped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.