Hughes Needed More Time

If we wanted to get into the Champions League this season, then sacking Hughes was the right decision because he simply wasn't going to do it. He would need yet more money and a new system, something he seems incapable of structuring. However, he could have done it next season but as I said, the owners want success now. And that's fair enough considering the money they so willingly gave him.

mammutly said:
Hughes Needed More Time

Yeah well. He didn't get it.

So please stop boring the arse of people by banging on and fucking on about it.

PS: Merry Christmas

PMSL....And this too.

Blue Mooner said:
panzer1311 said:
ok tin hat on........mark hughes should have been given more time than 18 months. some of the posts on this forum are ridiculous, ie " hughes's style of football was shite".....ive been to all the home games this year. and most of the time we have played attacking/attractive football!, maybe some games (hull) we tried to walk the ball in the net, but haven't aresenal been "accused" of that? the problem was the defence, and yes they are hughes's signings. but 18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding,i think given time he would have made more signings like bellamy/de jong etc.......... iam 100% behind any decision ADUG make, (city are my concern not mark hughes) but they should have given him this season at least

For what it's worth I agree, I was surprised by ADUG's decision in all honesty even more so when you consider the target they laid out of 70 points. There were so many factors that suggested this would have been achievable even with Hughes in charge - 2 more games played away than at home, Villa's next two games are Arsenal & Liverpool we have Stoke and Wolves. Drawn games that but for individual errors would have been wins in at least 4 games. Semi final achieved. I don't buy into this idea that the football we played was sh*te - the defense has been poor and costing us points but I believe we have played some good attacking fluid football

All that said, I have been impressed by Mancini and am positive it is a good appointment. I would have rather we get where we need to go with a British manager (even an ex red one) I'm not particularly keen on going down the foreign manager route but if he's a good manager then he's a good manager and I'm sick to death of the in-fighting so need to use this as an opportunity to unite behind the club.

I have never really understood why people feel it is better to have a British manager at a club. The national side perhaps, but personally I wouldn't mind if we had a tanzanian lady manage us if I thought she could do a job for us.

All's Hughes needed was a 14" black rubber dildo ramming up the tail pipe straight after every game he failed to sort the defence out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.