Hughes sacked

Re: not long left for hughes

I still remember the interview bacon face gave after we sacked him about how Mark came disheartened to him and how bacon face gave him a shoulder to cry on. Then he started talking about how the sheikh's unethically sacked him and how we would rue the day we sacked him.

Raggi01 said:
I still remember the interview bacon face gave after we sacked him about how Mark came disheartened to him and how bacon face gave him a shoulder to cry on. Then he started talking about how the sheikh's unethically sacked him and how we would rue the day we sacked him.

Someone from City should have been on. Crying about how unethically Mark Hughes had portrayed himself as a top class manager.

If he gets sacked from QPR I will not expect many more Premier League teams willing to take a gamble on him.

Ray78 said:
If he gets sacked from QPR I will not expect many more Premier League teams willing to take a gamble on him.
He's been sussed out. His method is to buy loads of players and ride the time it gives him while they 'bed in'. He could never go to a club that are struggling or in the championship and improve them with what they already have, he hasnt got the ability. His tactical approach is to stand with his arms crossed looking at his players like theyre not doing what he said and with the look of a disappointed and angry father, all while Mark Bowen looks on and imitates him. This while his defence flounder about and his midfielders look at him for guidance, and while their best player warms up on the touchline next to the coach with the massive name nobody can say. He is out of there by the end of the month and he will take a job in Turkey or flipping China, where they love Rags. Bollocks to him.

He did well at Blackburn but then Robson did well at Middlesbrough and Keane did well at Sunderland (for a while), and they are also lousy managers. Many managers seem to have one great job then just flop after it anywhere else.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Ray78 said:
He's been sussed out. His method is to buy loads of players and ride the time it gives him while they 'bed in'. He could never go to a club that are struggling or in the championship and improve them with what they already have, he hasnt got the ability. His tactical approach is to stand with his arms crossed looking at his players like theyre not doing what he said and with the look of a disappointed and angry father, all while Mark Bowen looks on and imitates him. This while his defence flounder about and his midfielders look at him for guidance, and while their best player warms up on the touchline next to the coach with the massive name nobody can say. He is out of there by the end of the month and he will take a job in Turkey or flipping China, where they love Rags. Bollocks to him.

I agree with your sentiments on Hughes. He is similar to Bryan Robson in managerial abilty.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's forgotten what he did right, which I suppose happens when you're given too much money than you know how to spend.

There is this belief uttered by anti-City fans that anyone could do Mancini's job because of the money he has. This is utter bollocks and Hughes proved it, Hughes got Blackburn into a better league position than he did City. The reason Mancini is a top manager and Hughes isn't is because Mancini did a great job at a destitute club (Lazio), a pretty wealthy club (Inter), and a super wealthy club (City) so has been able to conform to each different environment and set of expectations. Hughes couldn't adapt from the on-a-shoestring budget style to the rich club style. There are other managers like O'Neill who I think would be the same as Hughes if given a bottomless wallet, they would suddenly have high profile players and egos to deal with and would fail. I'm intrigued as to whether Moyes could do something with a lot of money because he has done a great job at Everton over a long period of time but has never had high maintenance players to deal with really.

LoveCity said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's forgotten what he did right, which I suppose happens when you're given too much money than you know how to spend.

There is this belief uttered by anti-City fans that anyone could do Mancini's job because of the money he has. This is utter bollocks and Hughes proved it, Hughes got Blackburn into a better league position than he did City. The reason Mancini is a top manager and Hughes isn't is because Mancini did a great job at a destitute club (Lazio), a pretty wealthy club (Inter), and a super wealthy club (City) so has been able to conform to each different environment and set of expectations. Hughes couldn't adapt from the on-a-shoestring budget style to the rich club style. There are other managers like O'Neill who I think would be the same as Hughes if given a bottomless wallet, they would suddenly have high profile players and egos to deal with and would fail. I'm intrigued as to whether Moyes could do something with a lot of money because he has done a great job at Everton over a long period of time but has never had high maintenance players to deal with really.

I actually think Moyes is an excellent manager and has that steel about him that would make him work well with money, when he spends money he spends it well and guys like Fellaini weren't cheap.

His downfall would be being Fergie's replacement as whoever gets that is doomed, they should just appoint Phelan for 3 months, let him do poorly, sack him and then start the new era with the monkey off the back.

The jury is still out on Moyes. He has got off to a very good start and he can spot a bargain, but his big money buys have been inconsistent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.