Hughes tactically Naive?

citoeast said:
rhysmcfc said:
What total wank!

Neither team really fired in the first half, and we lost a player to a bullshit card and played 35 mins down a man.

You sound like a 15 year old rag fan.

God, how I wish I was 15. I did not just criticise, I praised Hughes I just queried this one crucial aspect of his armoury. I hope I am wrong because I cannot wait for City success.

Most worrying was the amount of possession Wigan had. They could keep the ball better than us. The new manager is making rapid progress with that squad. I can see them doing well at home and Whelan has landed on his feet again.

I still think we need a playmaker in front of DeJong and Barrie to make the link to the strikers. Ireland is the only one who fits the bill at present, but he has got to hold that position and not drop deep. I would prefer somebody who could put his foot on the ball and dictate the play. Maybe Vinnie will develop into that player. The best examples I have seen are Patrick Viera, Riqelme, and Glenn Whelan, shame we got rid.

Criticism if constructive is good, good for the club and good for those it refers to. Hughes is a remarkle manager in many ways, certainly his Media skills are exceptional, his training methods outstanding, his work ethic sublime.

My concern is his ability to turn the tide in games, to react quickly to situations and change the direction of games in our favour. I have been concerned about this for a good while.

The difference this would make is to make him an exceptional and winningt manager, rather than a very good manager. I certainly do not want rid of him and would be appalled if this happened, we need the stability and consistency.

This does not mean I cannot be constructively critical however, while been in the main very impressed by him.

citoeast said:
Criticism if constructive is good, good for the club and good for those it refers to. Hughes is a remarkle manager in many ways, certainly his Media skills are exceptional, his training methods outstanding, his work ethic sublime.

My concern is his ability to turn the tide in games, to react quickly to situations and change the direction of games in our favour. I have been concerned about this for a good while.

The difference this would make is to make him an exceptional and winningt manager, rather than a very good manager. I certainly do not want rid of him and would be appalled if this happened, we need the stability and consistency.

This does not mean I cannot be constructively critical however, while been in the main very impressed by him.
Fair enough. That's how your original post should have been worded.

How about a bit of praise for Wigan? Or are we above that now?
I can't, for one moment, agree with the earlier post (de Niro, I think? Apologies if I'm wrong.) that described Wigan as "a bunch of cloggers". What I saw was a very decent footballing side. Rodallega, nZogbia and Scotland caused our defence as many problems as anybody will this season (bar Arsenal, maybe). They packed the midfield and, when they didn't have the ball, they harassed our boys with the sort of tenacity that Ferguson and Benitez have made a career out of demanding from their sides -in defence, even Bramble looked more like the decent player we remember at Ipswich - and I think that we can all agree that that's a heck of a transformation. The goalie is no mug either.
No, Wigan won't be challenging for the top four this year - or ever, probably. They don't have a big enough squad to do so - but, on their day (as has already been proven v Villa and Chelsae) they are a very good team indeed.
What about us? We were missing more than a few world class players, all of our defence went into the game carrying knocks and the better of our two full backs (defensively, anyway) got a harsh yellow that eventually saw him sent off on the hour. Yet, still, we ground out a point - and, were it not for a mistake by the referee, we would have had a potentially match-winning penalty awarded.
Yeah, Hughes got it all wrong, on the above evidence. Total disaster, a point away to that Wigan side! Let's go the whole hog and sack him, eh? It's been ages since we've been a laughing stock.

Think about what your saying people (well some people) your turning into those tw##s sat in the pub you allways hated were 18 month into a 3 year plan. We have lost 1 in 8 should be in the last 8 of the cup. Be cool and live the dream

We would have lost the same same fixture last year so it's a step in the right direction

I thought he was tactically naieve last season, but after thinking it through I put that down to him not having a team full of his type of players. Now the team we have is more or less completely of his choosing, I have the utmost faith in the gaffer!

citoeast said:
rhysmcfc said:
What total wank!

Neither team really fired in the first half, and we lost a player to a bullshit card and played 35 mins down a man.

You sound like a 15 year old rag fan.

God, how I wish I was 15. I did not just criticise, I praised Hughes I just queried this one crucial aspect of his armoury. I hope I am wrong because I cannot wait for City success.
Yet again someone can not offer an opinion without being called a Rag & suffering abuse

Maybe we were sitting back, as we have one of, if not the fastest team in the league? Playing counter-attack isn't negative when you have players like Petrov, SWP and Tevez running at isolated men.

mad4city said:
How about a bit of praise for Wigan? Or are we above that now?
I can't, for one moment, agree with the earlier post (de Niro, I think? Apologies if I'm wrong.) that described Wigan as "a bunch of cloggers". What I saw was a very decent footballing side. Rodallega, nZogbia and Scotland caused our defence as many problems as anybody will this season (bar Arsenal, maybe). They packed the midfield and, when they didn't have the ball, they harassed our boys with the sort of tenacity that Ferguson and Benitez have made a career out of demanding from their sides -in defence, even Bramble looked more like the decent player we remember at Ipswich - and I think that we can all agree that that's a heck of a transformation. The goalie is no mug either.
No, Wigan won't be challenging for the top four this year - or ever, probably. They don't have a big enough squad to do so - but, on their day (as has already been proven v Villa and Chelsae) they are a very good team indeed.
What about us? We were missing more than a few world class players, all of our defence went into the game carrying knocks and the better of our two full backs (defensively, anyway) got a harsh yellow that eventually saw him sent off on the hour. Yet, still, we ground out a point - and, were it not for a mistake by the referee, we would have had a potentially match-winning penalty awarded.
Yeah, Hughes got it all wrong, on the above evidence. Total disaster, a point away to that Wigan side! Let's go the whole hog and sack him, eh? It's been ages since we've been a laughing stock.

it was me that said that they are a bunch of cloggers, they were, and the ref allowed it to go on, then picks our player out for the only player to deserve two yellows.
laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.